Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A full Glock 17 mag is subject to this too. I was wondering who/what was making that noise, and it turned out to be my spare mag.

Thanks all. If I come up with any other solutions I'll pass them along.

Quote Originally Posted by lilc View Post
    If this ever happens, I usually just tap the bottom of the magazine smartly with my palm heel; the rounds settle under pressure from the follower and spring, and the noise is silenced.
    Beat me to it.This is the common fix for the rattle.

By all means do share.:)

When I went to the Glock armorer's school I heard this referred to as the "Glock Stomp".
    It works best when the magazine is downloaded two or so rounds before giving it a sharp smack on the baseplate. Then replace those two rounds and see if the rattling goes away or is reduced.

Ahem! It's technical name is the Austrian Stomp.:D
    It's used mostly for getting that final round loaded in new mags, but it might very well help the rattle go away.
    Three Precious Metals: Gold, Silver and Lead

"I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said." William F. Buckley Jr.

endless summer Guest

Default Yep

10th rounds in my G30 sometimes rattle...9 is silent...no worries..

You might want to check out the insides of the magazine. There could be a rough spot on the follower or on the inner wall that "catches" just slightly. Also make sure your springs are in there properly. I have seen some springs that have been put in backwards. There actually is an proper direction for them. Just a thought.

All my Glock 21 mags do this when they're down one round (12 rounds instead of 13). As others have said, give it a good thump and that'll seat the rounds. Or just keep them full up and they won't rattle in the first place.