Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VaGlocker View Post
    Whoa cowboy, I think you took my coments the wrong way. Just saying that $1500 isn't "cheap" even if it is cheap to feed. I have close to that much in my AR as well in 5.56. Incedentally by reloading I pay about the half of what factory 5.56 costs.
    Sorry, I just get tired of people ragging on the cost of some no brainer choices. It is cheap in the grand scheme of things, particularly when the 5.45 ammo is still cheaper than your reloads and I'd rather be shooting than reloading especially if it makes economic sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Section1_Operations View Post

Original LWRC upper conversion, BM M4 14.5" 1:7" upper, on a built-up stripped BM lower.
    What lense covers are those on that AccuPoint?
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

Theology Matters
    http://www.aomin.org/aoblog/index.php?itemid=2509

Quote Originally Posted by Sharps74 View Post
    What lense covers are those on that AccuPoint?
    Buttler Creek, I'd have to look back and reference the exact cap #'s because I put that package together way back when I was waiting on LWRC to finish my upper conversion.
    Section1

"If war is ever lawful, then peace is sometimes sinful."

C.S. Lewis

"Me? I think all of that is a load of gun school crap. I train and teach to shoot them to the ground. Beginning at the chest I shoot a burst to the chest and run the line up til I get to the face. Winning their hearts and minds....Suarez style."

Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Section1_Operations View Post
    Original LWRC upper conversion, BM M4 14.5" 1:7" upper, on a built-up stripped BM lower.

S10, am I reading this wrong, and after all the "Tier 1 this" and "MilSpec that" you are running a Bushhampster?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    S10, am I reading this wrong, and after all the "Tier 1 this" and "MilSpec that" you are running a Bushhampster?!?!?!?!?!?!
    You've got to know what you're talking about to know the difference.;)

The 1:7" bbl'd uppers were non-standard custom order runs from BM, plus I wasn't going to send a Colt for LWRC to convert as one of the first guinea pig down that road -- the upper actually was in spec per LWRC!?!?.

The rifle's a fraken build to say the least but then again most shooter rifles are in one way or another...
    Section1

C.S. Lewis

"Me? I think all of that is a load of gun school crap. I train and teach to shoot them to the ground. Beginning at the chest I shoot a burst to the chest and run the line up til I get to the face. Winning their hearts and minds....Suarez style."

Gabe Suarez

My new duty upper built-up be me:

-Noveske 14.5" Afghan 1x8 twist SS barrel w/pinned gasblock & matching BCG
    -LaRue Tactical Stealth billet upper receiver (M4 cut)
    -LaRue 11.0 SBRS "Gooseneck" rail
    -Permanently pinned Surefire MB556K brake
    -Troy front&rear flip-up sights
    -Eotech 512 on LaRue QD mount
    -Surefire X300 mounted in the 12 o'clock position
    Last edited by nickdrak; 11-01-2008 at 03:40 PM.
    "One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm, than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully"

(Lt.Col. Jeff Cooper USMC)

Here is some pictures of my new toy...in reply to S1O's LWRC....:)

HK 416 14.5inch upper with AAC blackout flash hider and PRI military latch on charging handle.

EOTech 555 with Standard HK sights, but might migrate to the Centurion Arms HK sights which is higher in order to co-witness better with my Raised EOTech 555.

Tangodown VFG with a unknown side sling mount i found in the parts bin.

Vltor offsit flash light mount in up right position. I ride my hand high on the VFG so it is very natural for my thumb to rest on the push button. Surefire 6PLED with Tactical NightVision Company 256Lumen LED lamp conversion.

Waiting on Tangdown's SCAR rail panels in black and also Tangodown's new magazines

Chen-

Any reliable word on HK's stateside production from the trade shows?
    Section1

C.S. Lewis

Gabe Suarez

Action pics!!! From a carbine class I took over this summer...

Both AR's are BCM uppers mated to various lowers,, the KISS rifle (first pic) is my favorite. Light and handy.. I may take some of the crap off the first one, and I may skeletonize the redimag to save some weight.

Fun Stuff..

-dave