Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharps74
    Is the Burris FastFire sight the best of these types of little red-dots? If not which one is best? I hear LaRue is only making the mount that fits the Burris but plans to make AK IronDots that fit other similar little red-dots in the future.
    If money isn't an object then I think the Micro Aimpoint is a better choice.
    "Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol."

Quote Originally Posted by VaGlocker
    If money isn't an object then I think the Micro Aimpoint is a better choice.
    That goes without saying. What I meant was several companies are making these little Burris-Doctor-optic-like red-dots. They all look the same but some are better then others. Which is best? (the micro Aimpoint is a whole other animal). If Larue makes a similar mount for a Micro Aimpoint then I would NOT get that. There are too many advantages with the Aimpoint-Ultimac combo over this Larue mount once you've past the $500 price point.

I've been looking at this Larue IronDot from a new perspective. The percentage of cost increase is equal between the XS express big dot sights (or Fuller + 24/7 sight), the Larue IronDot and the Aimpoint T1 with Ultimac rail. So my new question is this, is the IronDot worth the extra $160 over the XS express big-dot or Fuller-XS 24/7 iron sight setups?
    Last edited by Sharps74; 09-09-2008 at 03:08 PM.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

Theology Matters
    http://www.aomin.org/aoblog/index.php?itemid=2509

Has anyone killed one from the heat on a Ultimak?

Quote Originally Posted by SHIHAN
    Has anyone killed one from the heat on a Ultimak?
    the jury still seems to be out on this one...everybody that has one says they haven't had enough trigger time with that particular set-up yet...
    ohhh...can open, worms...everywhere...

Radical muslims enjoy blowing themselves up, and we enjoy blowing them up. You'd think we'd get along better...

Default burris

Looking at the PDF file on the fastfire at the Burris web page......the high end of the listed "operating temp" is 130F.

John

Default H-1

Aimpoint lists the same spec for the H-1 at 160F.

John

Well we know the Eotech's fry can anyone find their top OP temp?

I sure would prefer the Pride Fowler with top access to the battery over the FastFire.

Default eotech

I could'nt find an answer on the L3com page....but "google'n" around I get 150F for an eotech.

Not official..........

John

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski
    I sure would prefer the Pride Fowler with top access to the battery over the FastFire.
    Yeah but at the price of the Fowler might as well bite the res of the bullet and buy the Baby Aimpoint.