Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I'm waiting to see a version where they mount the T1 there as that is a superior sighting system...
    Section1

"If war is ever lawful, then peace is sometimes sinful."

C.S. Lewis

"Me? I think all of that is a load of gun school crap. I train and teach to shoot them to the ground. Beginning at the chest I shoot a burst to the chest and run the line up til I get to the face. Winning their hearts and minds....Suarez style."

Gabe Suarez

read the article at the link I posted....has all the info you asked for....

Go read the Burris Fast Fire manual.

All questions of robustness aside, just check out how you adjust POI and how you change the battery.

IMHO this is about as wrong as you could go for an AK sight. Maybe for a .22 or a gamer gun.

I had a Pride-Fowler version briefly and at least you did not have to remove the sight from its mount to change the battery!

The Pride Fowler unit is pretty danged tough. I believe smglee can testify to that.

I had a Burris fast fire mounted on my krink for a while.

The optic was practically unusable, required prefect check weld for me, but I do have bad astigmatism. :(

Good ideal thou, just needs a better optic what will still cowitness.
    GOA & NRA Life Member
    AR15 M16 Armorer
    "Ros vær til HERREN min Klippe, som utdanner mine hender for krig, mine fingere for slag. " (Psalm 144:1)

Interesting, in regards to the post above.

I have a Burris Fast Fire on my M92 "krink" and I have found it to be a reliable, durable and accurate red dot sight.

The M92 is always man handled and sometimes thrown in the dirt, and the Fast Fire has not missed a hitch.

I guess we have conflicting opinions, as at this point with my sample of one, I'd heartily recommend it.

I will probably get one of these to T&E. Maybe I will have my slave workers in the sweatshop in Colombia knock off a copy for the T-1.

Seriously guys...I think the Aimpoint is a far better optic. One does get what one pays for. Furthermore, I think the gas tube heat issue is only an issue with the tempermental Eotechs. We burn alot of ammo through our guns...many that are full auto and the Aimpoints have never given any problems.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez
    I will probably get one of these to T&E. Maybe I will have my slave workers in the sweatshop in Colombia knock off a copy for the T-1.

Seriously guys...I think the Aimpoint is a far better optic. One does get what one pays for. Furthermore, I think the gas tube heat issue is only an issue with the tempermental Eotechs. We burn alot of ammo through our guns...many that are full auto and the Aimpoints have never given any problems.
    I whole heartedly agree that tha Aimpoint is a far superior optic, and given the choice between the two, I'd recommend the Aimpoint.

The M92 and its different dimensions prevented conventional mount points.

I have a picatinny rail mounted onto the rear sight assembly, and the Fast Fire fit that mount point nicely.

What the Fast Fire brings to the table is a reasonably decent red dot that is very small in footprint. This is advantageous for a gun to which you do not desire a large optic hanging off the top (as is the case with my SBR M92).

Again though, there is no doubt - the Aimpoint is the better optic. I'm just saying that with my sample of one, I'm surprised with the performance and durability of the Fast Fire.
    Last edited by Karl Kasarda; 08-29-2008 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharps74
    How well can it handle the rain, mud, impacts, etc.??? Can it take all the abuse the AK can take? At 1/3 the price of the micro-aimpoint w/ ultimac it may not matter???
    I dont think any optic can take the abuse an AK can.
    If you abuse the AK enough to make it stop running I think any optic would have given up the ghost a long time ago. Just my opinion.

My caveman eotech just keeps chugging along though.:D
    Just because you cant imagine it doesnt mean I can't do it.

Most people are not looking for answers....they are looking for approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Kasarda

What the Fast Fire brings to the table is a reasonably decent red dot that is very small in footprint. This is advantageous for a gun to which you do not desire a large optic hanging off the top (as is the case with my SBR M92).

Again though, there is no doubt - the Aimpoint is the better optic. I'm just saying that with my sample of one, I'm surprised with the performance and durability of the Fast Fire.
    The Micro T-1 brings that to the table. Jim has a T-1 mounted on one of his 5.45 Krinks and there is little "footprint" and it is a fantastic package, way better than an MP5!!!!:D
    AKA: infidelprodigy

A bullet in the head is a bullet in the head.....