Default Ashley Night Sights

Anyone here had any experience with using an Ashley front sight with a regular notch rear sight instead of the shallow V notch. What I'm trying to do is keep the visibility of the white front dot that I have now, with Tritium for low light shooting. I also would like to keep a notch rear sight for shooting at longer distances. I'm fond of the white dot because for me it is quick to acquire on top of a black slide. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    Anyone here had any experience with using an Ashley front sight with a regular notch rear sight instead of the shallow V notch. What I'm trying to do is keep the visibility of the white front dot that I have now, with Tritium for low light shooting. I also would like to keep a notch rear sight for shooting at longer distances. I'm fond of the white dot because for me it is quick to acquire on top of a black slide. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Keith
    Keith,

I would give ashley and call and ask if they know of anyone who has done this and results. I am pretty sure they will sell a front sight separately. I have a set of their 24/7 big dot tritium on a glock 26 and like it a lot for fast shooting or night shooting. Quite adequate on man size targets to 25 yds. Link below

http://www.expresssights.com/

I have a Sig with AO Dot front and stock Sig rear. Had to widen the rear Sig sight notch quite a bit so the dot would fit. It works, but I like the regular Ashley rear better. I only did it this way on this particular gun because the Ashley rear wouldn't fit the Sig dovetail tight enough.

I bought that BIG dot used over the net so maybe it wasn't the correct model for my gun?

creed

Quote Originally Posted by Vig Creed
    I have a Sig with AO Dot front and stock Sig rear. Had to widen the rear Sig sight notch quite a bit so the dot would fit. It works, but I like the regular Ashley rear better. I only did it this way on this particular gun because the Ashley rear wouldn't fit the Sig dovetail tight enough.

I bought that BIG dot used over the net so maybe it wasn't the correct model for my gun?

creed

Vig,

I believe at one time ashley fitted rear tight in dovetail. But now they are loose and you hold in place with set screws until get sighted in and then apply red locitite provide in ashley kit.

mikey177 Guest
    Keith,

I have a Glock19 with a 24/7 big dot tritium front sight and the adjustable (stock) Glock rear sight. This is my home defense gun so I don't worry about the rear sight getting knocked around a lot. The big dot won't completely fit in the notch of the rear sight, but I have gotten familiar with the sight alignment of the pistol and this isn't an issue for me. Its a matter of becoming accustomed to the sight alignment that the big front/notch rear will create on your pistol. Accuracy out to 25 yards is the same as with the original sights.

In pitch black darkness, it is still easy to align the solitary tritium sight on a target, but that may be because the Glock has good pointability for me.

YMMV.