Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    For what ever it is worth, in my humble opinion, I would check out Underwood Ammo's .44 Special +P 200gr. Bonded Jacket Hollow Point loading the .44 Special Speer Gold bullet loaded to 975 FPS out of a 4" test barrel to see how your gun likes it. I would find it hard to find a better factory loaded self-defense loaded ammo in .44 Special. I hope that helps.

44-special-200-grain-bonded-jacketed-hollow-point-underwood-ammo.jpg
    “The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

I currently use 200gr Hornady FTX over 7.5gr BE-86 in my Taurus M445 2" ultralight. Accurate and hard hitting.

I use Federal 210 gr LSWCHP in my Bulldogs.

Solids will do the job, but expanding bullets are a better choice for handgun use.

Except, for a friend of mine who carries ball ammo because he is a cheap bastard. He has all sorts of justifications too.

-- ML

holy necropost batman !!!
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time