Default Brazil on the brink of a tragedy

Hello to everyone there.
    I live in Brazil, where the Anti-Gun movements, supported by the UN, the George Soros Foundation, and other šBig Brothersš allies, is becoming fierce.
    The šgun-grabbersš are trying to confiscate all kinds of firearms here, alt. the CCW here is almost impossible to obtain, and the Gun-Laws, here, are the most draconians in all the Free-World.
    We (not me...) just ellected a leftist President (a friend of the FARC, of Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chaves, and the best friend of Cuban ditactor Fidel Castro - with whom he is right now...), Luis Ignácio šLulaš da Silva.
    I am writing this to you all, Americans, don't loose the grip on your Gun-Rights, because, once gone, they're gone forever.
    Here, we have less than 2 million of legal firearms (all registered) [in calibers up to .38 Special for revolvers, up to .380 ACP for pistols, up to .22 LR for semi-auto long-guns, up to 12-gauge for non-selfloading shotguns, up to .44-40 WCF for carbines/rifles, NO magnums, NO scopes, NO night-vision devices, NO laser sights...)... and UP TO 6 guns per person (2 handguns in different calibers, 2 rifled long-guns of different calibers, 2 shotguns of different calibers - and no more than 100 cartridges for each gun every six-months...)... and 20 million circa illegal weapons, on the hands of criminals and terrorists (automatics, anti-tank, anti-aerial, grnades, etc)!
    Beware, fellow Americans.
    Best regards.
    Abe.

Default I understand you.

Hi, I live in Venezuela, I share your desperation, remember who is our president (unfortunately).

Here in my country since the people can carry a gun, the rights of the civilians are crushed by the military, and nobody can do something. Always we can pay big amount of money, better know as “soborno”, for buying and own a legal handgun, but the criminals are a different story.

Fortunately, here we can own any caliber, any ammunition, any number of guns, etc, but our limitation are in the cost of this, and the cost of the “legal” CCW.

Long time ago, I try to create a civil association, with the goal of defend the rights of the civilian legally armed, but my efforts are useless.

A few months ago, I try again to create this association, with better results what the first try, actually I fighting for create this, I call ANCLA, but one more time my efforts are in vain.

The difference of the first try and this is in the dictator what mount in the power, but I don’t care about this, I can play the all for the all, but the principal limitation in the first try and the second was the people itself.

When here somebody screams “disarm”, everybody run for harvest signatures, protest, etc. but at last, the owner of gun shops harvest a lot of money, here knows as “hacer una vaca”, and this money go to the military in turn. The results: more exigencies for the civilians for tramitations the CCW, here knows as “porte de arma”, and making more expensive acquire a legal handgun.

Add to this, the brutally up of the cost of guns, ammo, etc, traducing this in a concealed disarm of the civilian legally armed, meanwhile the criminals and the new wave of legally criminals called “circulos bolivarianos”, have unlimited access to an a very big arsenal of any type of weapons and ammo, since pistols and revolvers to rocket launchers like the AT-4 and heavy weapons like Browning M-2, and the very special ammo, like the Ulyanov cartridges in 9 mm armor piercing. I make the test with one of this cartridge, and a HS-2000 pistol in 4”, shooting to a bullet proof vest class III, used bye the military know as “guardia nacional” at 3 feet, and the bullet penetrate the frontal vest, and the half of the back vest, the bullet recuperated is entirely, I can reload again, only the marks of the barrels are in this. But you can walk a Monday in “La Campiña”, site of allocation of one PDVSA building, and you can harvest a lot of brass of this ammo.

My intentions with this post is tell you what you are not alone, like you, millions of people in every country, but specially us what we living in the countries of the block of evil (Venezuela, Cuba and Brazil), are fighting for our rights, but is not easy, specially without union, calm down, my friend, calm down, like tell in my country “lo que tenga que pasar, va a pasar”.

P.D: my English is very bad, forgive me for orthographic errors and others.

Default Hi, my friend from another Latin American Country!!!

Hello there!
    Be sure your English is better than mine, and is much better than my Spanish... here we speak Portuguese, a nearly-useless language the World over.
    Funny to know the slangs ¨hacer una vaca¨ - here it goes like ¨fazer uma vaquinha¨...
    Here, the CCW is called ¨porte de arma¨, too.
    To you get an idea, to obtain an almost impossible CCW for an one-year time, limited to a single State, after a LOT of red-tape, a psychological psychotechnical test, a practical (stand) test, a quiz with 10 questions, an oral test about the Laws, and an interview with the Deputy at charge, if that Deputy decides that you have the real need to carry a concealed weapon, you can pay US$ 350,00 to get it.
    To a Federal CCW (valid in all States), for a 4-year time, you pay US$ 2.000,00.
    Not a surprise to know that there are less than 5.000 State CCW's and less tyan 500 Federal CCW's now...
    Ah!
    And you can get that CCW for one and only single gun, that is, you get a CCW for a determinated gun - like getting a driver's license for driving a single car.
    Now, even Body-Armor and executive armored cars must be registered - and this register must be renewed every 5-years - for a tax...
    No need to bribe anyone here: the Government is the main thief, and he does not like to see competitors!!!
    I am not desperated, but I'm seriouslly thinking on leaving Brazil.
    There are a few e-books that I've authored, free for download at my WebSite http://www.supervirtual.com.br (Defesa com Facas, on knife fighting, soon to be released in USA; Tonfa, about the PR-24 police stick; Defesa Pessoal para Vigilantes, self-defense for private security guards; Armas Improvisadas, on the use of common items as improvised weapons - as an author, I use my common name, José Roberto Romeiro Abrahão, or J.R.R.Abrahão).
    They are all in PDF format.
    If you like the topics, go ahead and take it by download.
    I hope you like it.
    Best wishes!
    Abe.

Quote Originally Posted by oaninor
    Hi, I live in Venezuela, I share your desperation, remember who is our president (unfortunately).

Here in my country since the people can carry a gun, the rights of the civilians are crushed by the military, and nobody can do something. Always we can pay big amount of money, better know as “soborno”, for buying and own a legal handgun, but the criminals are a different story.

Fortunately, here we can own any caliber, any ammunition, any number of guns, etc, but our limitation are in the cost of this, and the cost of the “legal” CCW.

Long time ago, I try to create a civil association, with the goal of defend the rights of the civilian legally armed, but my efforts are useless.

A few months ago, I try again to create this association, with better results what the first try, actually I fighting for create this, I call ANCLA, but one more time my efforts are in vain.

The difference of the first try and this is in the dictator what mount in the power, but I don’t care about this, I can play the all for the all, but the principal limitation in the first try and the second was the people itself.

When here somebody screams “disarm”, everybody run for harvest signatures, protest, etc. but at last, the owner of gun shops harvest a lot of money, here knows as “hacer una vaca”, and this money go to the military in turn. The results: more exigencies for the civilians for tramitations the CCW, here knows as “porte de arma”, and making more expensive acquire a legal handgun.

Add to this, the brutally up of the cost of guns, ammo, etc, traducing this in a concealed disarm of the civilian legally armed, meanwhile the criminals and the new wave of legally criminals called “circulos bolivarianos”, have unlimited access to an a very big arsenal of any type of weapons and ammo, since pistols and revolvers to rocket launchers like the AT-4 and heavy weapons like Browning M-2, and the very special ammo, like the Ulyanov cartridges in 9 mm armor piercing. I make the test with one of this cartridge, and a HS-2000 pistol in 4”, shooting to a bullet proof vest class III, used bye the military know as “guardia nacional” at 3 feet, and the bullet penetrate the frontal vest, and the half of the back vest, the bullet recuperated is entirely, I can reload again, only the marks of the barrels are in this. But you can walk a Monday in “La Campiña”, site of allocation of one PDVSA building, and you can harvest a lot of brass of this ammo.

My intentions with this post is tell you what you are not alone, like you, millions of people in every country, but specially us what we living in the countries of the block of evil (Venezuela, Cuba and Brazil), are fighting for our rights, but is not easy, specially without union, calm down, my friend, calm down, like tell in my country “lo que tenga que pasar, va a pasar”.

P.D: my English is very bad, forgive me for orthographic errors and others.

Hello there!
    Be sure your English is better than mine, and is much better than my Spanish... here we speak Portuguese, a nearly-useless language the World over.
    Funny to know the slangs ¨hacer una vaca¨ - here it goes like ¨fazer uma vaquinha¨...

:D

To you get an idea, to obtain an almost impossible CCW for an one-year time, limited to a single State, after a LOT of red-tape, a psychological psychotechnical test, a practical (stand) test, a quiz with 10 questions, an oral test about the Laws, and an interview with the Deputy at charge, if that Deputy decides that you have the real need to carry a concealed weapon, you can pay US$ 350,00 to get it.
    To a Federal CCW (valid in all States), for a 4-year time, you pay US$ 2.000,00.

Wow!, men, you really shock me, here have the dozens of requirements, but the cost is 300$ to 350$ per gun, we can have any quantity of guns, and in handguns the only limiting is the .50 AE.

I explain this: here we have 3 type of CCW or “portes”, in fact, only one of them is the same thing what the CCW, the other 2 are some different.

The first is “porte de defensa”, is the equivalent to the CCW, is the most common too, permit carry any handgun except the .50AE, in a concealed holster. No restrictions in number of magazines, speed loaders, rounds, number of guns or capacity of the magazines. Legally the cost is 220$ per gun, but the slowness of DARFA, the organization in charge of the gun and explosive control, make impossible, tramitate this legally, and then we search the “gestores”, people dedicates to tramitate any documentation, for one price obviously, but inclusive with the gestores, the time for get the solicited carnet, is at least one month, having cases of six month in waiting. The cost with the gestores is 300$, 350 or 400$ if you want your carnet in one month or less. I forgot say the minimal salary monthly is 70$, and one professional can have a monthly salary of 200 or 300$, since 400$ to 600$ one lucky medic, but 700$ is a rich people, and more is a politic corrupt. ;)

The second is “porte deportivo” for sport use, here you can have anything what you pocket or bank account permit to you, but the limit is what you can't transport in the street charged or armed, the gun must be discharged, with a secure system like cable lock or trigger lock, in a case with lock, and the ammo in a different place. The cost is “less”, legally 100$ per gun, but you must be associated to a shooting club or something, and the time in get the carnet go from 2 months to twelve month inclusive (believe it or not). With the gestores the cost is equal to the "defensa", between 300 and 400$. The semiautomatics rifles from .223 don’t apply for this.

The third is “Tenencia y Traslado”, here enter any type of guns what not enter above, the same restrictions of “Deportivo” apply, but you need extra permisology to hunt, shoot in a range, etc. the cost is equal to “Defensa”.

Our laws not permit in any case full auto guns, and in caliber, in revolver any caliber (here the biggest revolver is .44 Magnum). The .454 Casull, the .500 S&W, the .445 Super Mag, are guns of fairy tale. :D

In pistol, any caliber, with the exception of the .50 AE in “Defensa”, you can have one pistol in .50 if you are military.

In shotguns we can some freedom, because the hunting, we can have any type of shotguns in any caliber, except the Franchi Spas-15. the cal . 10 gauge is another fairy tale gun.

In rifle, we can have any type or caliber, but the importation of rifles cal .223 Remington and up are prohibited, only can get .22 LR and .22 magnum new, the others rifle are second hand, like my loved Ruger M-77 in .30-06. the fairy tale guns here are .50 BMG heading the list, and is very rare see calibers exotics. The caliber what I see here in Venezuela are .22 LR, .22 Magnum, .22 Hornet, .222 Rem, .223 Rem, .270 Win, .308 Win, 7 mm Mauser .30-30 Win and the .30-06 Springfield. Any other caliber is buy in USA for a fanatic like me, but with lots of money, and bring to Venezuela illegally.

Not a surprise to know that there are less than 5.000 State CCW's and less tyan 500 Federal CCW's now...

Here better not talk.

Ah!
    And you can get that CCW for one and only single gun, that is, you get a CCW for a determinated gun - like getting a driver's license for driving a single car.
    Now, even Body-Armor and executive armored cars must be registered - and this register must be renewed every 5-years - for a tax...
    No need to bribe anyone here: the Government is the main thief, and he does not like to see competitors!!!
    There are a few e-books that I've authored, free for download at my WebSite http://www.supervirtual.com.br (Defesa com Facas, on knife fighting, soon to be released in USA; Tonfa, about the PR-24 police stick; Defesa Pessoal para Vigilantes, self-defense for private security guards; Armas Improvisadas, on the use of common items as improvised weapons - as an author, I use my common name, José Roberto Romeiro Abrahão, or J.R.R.Abrahão).
    I hope you like it.
    Best wishes!
    Abe

Exactly I am, I don’t want leave my country because I love it, but the tyranny and the tyrant makes me think about leave. I some way here I have a little of freedom to have guns,, but any day it’s more hard. I am thinking in U.S.A. I have two brothers and a sister living in Texas, and some friends in various estates, all of them say me the same thing, my area of work, the computation, generate a lot of money, and it’s a dream come true the access to the last tech, the only two thins what retain me, is my love for my country, and the very hard way to obtain some gun in U.S.A like non-immigrant.

Really is very bad the situation of the gun control in your country, the country of the one best and reliable guns meet for me, the Taurus, mi web site is a unofficial web site of Taurus, unfortunately, this are out of the air, because the hard political situation. I desire one day back to the air, for the moments here the link www.geocities.com/oaninor , the only you can se is the temp page.

Default I forget to tell...

Here in Brazil, Hunting is FORBIDDEN in 25 out of 26 States... only on Rio Grande do Sul State (home of the guns factories Taurus, Rossi, Boito/ERA), and on the less than 20 Hunting-Farms (that have only imported game animals).

About the worker's salary... the minimum here is some US$ 50,00... an university graduated (physician, surgeon, engineer, dentist, lawyer, etc.) is some US$ 300,00... a deputy earns some US$ 500,00... our President earns US$ 3.500,00/month... enough, or you want more???

Cheers!!!
    Abe.

Quote Originally Posted by oaninor
    Hello there!

:D

Wow!, men, you really shock me, here have the dozens of requirements, but the cost is 300$ to 350$ per gun, we can have any quantity of guns, and in handguns the only limiting is the .50 AE.

I explain this: here we have 3 type of CCW or “portes”, in fact, only one of them is the same thing what the CCW, the other 2 are some different.

The first is “porte de defensa”, is the equivalent to the CCW, is the most common too, permit carry any handgun except the .50AE, in a concealed holster. No restrictions in number of magazines, speed loaders, rounds, number of guns or capacity of the magazines. Legally the cost is 220$ per gun, but the slowness of DARFA, the organization in charge of the gun and explosive control, make impossible, tramitate this legally, and then we search the “gestores”, people dedicates to tramitate any documentation, for one price obviously, but inclusive with the gestores, the time for get the solicited carnet, is at least one month, having cases of six month in waiting. The cost with the gestores is 300$, 350 or 400$ if you want your carnet in one month or less. I forgot say the minimal salary monthly is 70$, and one professional can have a monthly salary of 200 or 300$, since 400$ to 600$ one lucky medic, but 700$ is a rich people, and more is a politic corrupt. ;)

The second is “porte deportivo” for sport use, here you can have anything what you pocket or bank account permit to you, but the limit is what you can't transport in the street charged or armed, the gun must be discharged, with a secure system like cable lock or trigger lock, in a case with lock, and the ammo in a different place. The cost is “less”, legally 100$ per gun, but you must be associated to a shooting club or something, and the time in get the carnet go from 2 months to twelve month inclusive (believe it or not). With the gestores the cost is equal to the "defensa", between 300 and 400$. The semiautomatics rifles from .223 don’t apply for this.

The third is “Tenencia y Traslado”, here enter any type of guns what not enter above, the same restrictions of “Deportivo” apply, but you need extra permisology to hunt, shoot in a range, etc. the cost is equal to “Defensa”.

Our laws not permit in any case full auto guns, and in caliber, in revolver any caliber (here the biggest revolver is .44 Magnum). The .454 Casull, the .500 S&W, the .445 Super Mag, are guns of fairy tale. :D

In pistol, any caliber, with the exception of the .50 AE in “Defensa”, you can have one pistol in .50 if you are military.

In shotguns we can some freedom, because the hunting, we can have any type of shotguns in any caliber, except the Franchi Spas-15. the cal . 10 gauge is another fairy tale gun.

In rifle, we can have any type or caliber, but the importation of rifles cal .223 Remington and up are prohibited, only can get .22 LR and .22 magnum new, the others rifle are second hand, like my loved Ruger M-77 in .30-06. the fairy tale guns here are .50 BMG heading the list, and is very rare see calibers exotics. The caliber what I see here in Venezuela are .22 LR, .22 Magnum, .22 Hornet, .222 Rem, .223 Rem, .270 Win, .308 Win, 7 mm Mauser .30-30 Win and the .30-06 Springfield. Any other caliber is buy in USA for a fanatic like me, but with lots of money, and bring to Venezuela illegally.

Here better not talk.

Ah!
    I hope you like it.
    Best wishes!
    Abe

Exactly I am, I don’t want leave my country because I love it, but the tyranny and the tyrant makes me think about leave. I some way here I have a little of freedom to have guns,, but any day it’s more hard. I am thinking in U.S.A. I have two brothers and a sister living in Texas, and some friends in various estates, all of them say me the same thing, my area of work, the computation, generate a lot of money, and it’s a dream come true the access to the last tech, the only two thins what retain me, is my love for my country, and the very hard way to obtain some gun in U.S.A like non-immigrant.

Really is very bad the situation of the gun control in your country, the country of the one best and reliable guns meet for me, the Taurus, mi web site is a unofficial web site of Taurus, unfortunately, this are out of the air, because the hard political situation. I desire one day back to the air, for the moments here the link www.geocities.com/oaninor , the only you can se is the temp page.

cconatvz Guest
    Saludos oaninor y Abe.

Abe: ... Portuguese, a nearly-useless language the World over.???

I sometimes think the same about my Spanish and French, particularly when compared to a straightforward language like English. You’re not alone thinking that what you speak is "weird". My father has a different opinion about your language. He worked in Brazil for a year or so. I was in college back then, so I didn't go with him, but I've heard him say that Portuguese is one of the most beautiful languages he knows...out of English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese and Spanish (his mother tongue). I've had the pleasure of going to several conferences here in Venezuela with Brazilian speakers that slow down a little and I've got nearly 85% of the speech without having studied Portuguese at all. Everyone else thought the same at those conferences. It sounds very Spanish-like, funny and melodic to a Spanish speaker. That fact makes it more difficult for us to learn to speak it correctly, as at certain point you don't know whether you are correctly speaking Portuguese or making a fool of yourself.

oaninor,

Gusto en conocerte y saludos desde la tierra del sol amada. Each one of us has had his/her own experiences with Venezuelan authorities, particularly about our "portes de arma." I think I've been lucky, as I have got all three of them by paying due taxes to a gunshop, going to the mandatory training and waiting, and waiting, and waiting and waiting, and then waiting. Those delays are the main reason I got two different self-defence handguns.

Hello, my kind friend!
    Nice words, thank you.
    People here use to say that each language has its use...
    English is the best for poetry...
    French is best for love...
    Italian is best for song lirics, for singing...
    Spanish is best for reading, for literature...
    German is best for shouting...
    ...and Portuguese is the best one for saying bad names...
    :)
    I had composed a few songs in Portuguese, and it is melodicous, sure.
    The bad side is seldon people outside Brazil, Portugal, Angola, Mozambique, ang Goa, understands anything.
    If you like to see some fine Portuguese (and other languages) classic texts (literature, poetry, etc.), please, pay a visit to my site www.supervirtual.com.br (wich is World's largest free virtual library for download); there are e-books in Portuguese, English, Spanish, French, Gerrman, and Italian.
    Take a look at the works of ¨Padre Antonio Vieira¨, ¨Camões¨, and the first work made in Brazil by one of it's discoverers, ¨Pero Vaz de Caminha¨., who wrote ¨A Carta¨, a letter to His Majesty the King of Portugal.
    Best wishes!
    Abe.

Quote Originally Posted by cconatvz
    Saludos oaninor y Abe.

Abe: ... Portuguese, a nearly-useless language the World over.???

I sometimes think the same about my Spanish and French, particularly when compared to a straightforward language like English. You’re not alone thinking that what you speak is "weird". My father has a different opinion about your language. He worked in Brazil for a year or so. I was in college back then, so I didn't go with him, but I've heard him say that Portuguese is one of the most beautiful languages he knows...out of English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese and Spanish (his mother tongue). I've had the pleasure of going to several conferences here in Venezuela with Brazilian speakers that slow down a little and I've got nearly 85% of the speech without having studied Portuguese at all. Everyone else thought the same at those conferences. It sounds very Spanish-like, funny and melodic to a Spanish speaker. That fact makes it more difficult for us to learn to speak it correctly, as at certain point you don't know whether you are correctly speaking Portuguese or making a fool of yourself.

oaninor,

Gusto en conocerte y saludos desde la tierra del sol amada. Each one of us has had his/her own experiences with Venezuelan authorities, particularly about our "portes de arma." I think I've been lucky, as I have got all three of them by paying due taxes to a gunshop, going to the mandatory training and waiting, and waiting, and waiting and waiting, and then waiting. Those delays are the main reason I got two different self-defence handguns.
    :p

cconatvz Guest
    I've already gone to www.supervirtual.com.br searching for your books. It's in my "Favoritos" now. Thanks for the link.

I think that Portuguese is in better shape than French. Portugal and Brazil are two strongholds of the language with a lot of speakers concentrated. Other Portuguese speakers are here and there. French has important concentration only in France and Belgium. Some might say Québec, but there are only about 7 millions more francophones there and they have to legislate languages laws to try to keep French alive. It seems to me that when two or more languages are being spoken at the same place and you add immigration to the mix, sooner or later everyone will end up speaking the simplest of the languages available. Spanish seems to be very strong nowadays. There are simply too much people speaking Spanish in Spain and South-America. There are a growing population of Spanish speakers in the US, too. But, maybe, earth population will only speak English in 200 years or so. Haven't you seen it in "Star Trek"? Even the Klingons speak English. :p :p :p Seriously, there's no way to beat the simple yet powerfull verb structure of the English language. That same verb structure is very complex and elaborated in French and even more difficult in Spanish. Portuguese and Italian are, to my understanding, that complex too. To illustrate this point a have a short story. 10 years ago I was working in a consultant firm that worked for a French consortium in Caracas. A French guy came to Venezuela and I was immediately appointed for helping him with his Spanish. He returned to France two month after and, while he was speaking some Spanish, he didn't get straight the difference between the two verbs Ser/Estar (Etre in French, I don't have that accent in my keyboard damm$#&%!, to be in English). He was always choosing the wrong one. I didn't have the heart to tell him that we have two different verbs for his French verb avoir, too. :p

As a side note, Portuguese spoken in Portugal has a very hard to get accent. I barely get something from those guys while I can understand almost everything from a Brazilian. Well, it's the same when you speak Spanish with someone from the "Península Ibérica" - Spaniards - that speak with their mouth almost closed.

Saludos desde Venezuela amigo Abe!!!
    Last edited by cconatvz; 10-10-2003 at 08:13 AM.

Thank you for your kindness, dear friend!
    Cheers!
    Abe, from No-Man's Land (aka Brazil).

Quote Originally Posted by cconatvz
    I've already gone to www.supervirtual.com.br searching for your books. It's in my "Favoritos" now. Thanks for the link.

I think that Portuguese is in better shape than French. Portugal and Brazil are two strongholds of the language with a lot of speakers concentrated. Other Portuguese speakers are here and there. French has important concentration only in France and Belgium. Some might say Québec, but there are only about 7 millions more francophones there and they have to legislate languages laws to try to keep French alive. It seems to me that when two or more languages are being spoken at the same place and you add immigration to the mix, sooner or later everyone will end up speaking the simplest of the languages available. Spanish seems to be very strong nowadays. There are simply too much people speaking Spanish in Spain and South-America. There are a growing population of Spanish speakers in the US, too. But, maybe, earth population will only speak English in 200 years or so. Haven't you seen it in "Star Trek"? Even the Klingons speak English. :p :p :p Seriously, there's no way to beat the simple yet powerfull verb structure of the English language. That same verb structure is very complex and elaborated in French and even more difficult in Spanish. Portuguese and Italian are, to my understanding, that complex too. To illustrate this point a have a short story. 10 years ago I was working in a consultant firm that worked for a French consortium in Caracas. A French guy came to Venezuela and I was immediately appointed for helping him with his Spanish. He returned to France two month after and, while he was speaking some Spanish, he didn't get straight the difference between the two verbs Ser/Estar (Etre in French, I don't have that accent in my keyboard damm$#&%!, to be in English). He was always choosing the wrong one. I didn't have the heart to tell him that we have two different verbs for his French verb avoir, too. :p

As a side note, Portuguese spoken in Portugal has a very hard to get accent. I barely get something from those guys while I can understand almost everything from a Brazilian. Well, it's the same when you speak Spanish with someone from the "Península Ibérica" - Spaniards - that speak with their mouth almost closed.

Saludos desde Venezuela amigo Abe!!!

A most interesting thread! It seems that the God given rights of men and women all over the world are in jeopardy. And it seems that we are all more alike than we are different.

God bless, from the US.
    Better to follow the path of Jesus and stumble, than to wander aimlessly in the darkness.