The Suarez Method

Default Bersa Thunder and FireStorm Info

My daughter has finally decided she needs a self-defense weapon. She found a FireStorm 380 that she likes and likes to shot better than the S&W Model 36 she currently shoots because of less recoil. The FireStorm fits her hand better and she says she has more control during the recoil. I am personally not enamored with the calibre but a weapon she will practice with is better than one that stays in the night stand untouched until needed!

I am unfamiliar with the Bersa line of 380s. Does anyone have any personal experience with the Thunder 380 or FireStorm 380 that they can relate? What is the difference between the FireStorm and the Thunder other than the grips? They look similar but both manufactured by Bersa.

Thanks.

Larry

I've owned a Bersa .380 for two years. Mine is very accurate and reliable. I've only had feeding problems with hardball truncated nosed ammo...funny, because hollow points work just fine. I usually load it with Golden Saber 102gr. Seven or eight rounds of GS aren't a bad option to have in an emergency. When you find magazines for sale, buy them! They're somewhat hard to come by. Also stick with Bersa mags, ProMags are not worth it.
    I used to carry it in a cargo pocket until I bought a S&W 642 AirWeight.
    I paid $250 at Gander Mt. (living in NY at the time) and I've never regretted my purchase of this handy little pistol.

I have had several Bersa Thunder .380 come through my classes and have yet to see one malfunction. They function well and are very accurate! They usually sell for around 250.00!
    You got to be Fierce not Frigthened!! my 4yr.old son

I smoke in moderation only one cigar at a time! Mark Twain

I won't be wronged,I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on! I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them!

GO NEAR, STRIKE WITH A LONG SPEAR OR A SWORD AT CLOSE RANGE , AND KILL A MAN. SET FOOT AGAINST FOOT , PRESS SHIELD AGAINST SHIELD , FLING CREST AND CREST , HELMET AGAINST HELMET , AND CHEST AGAINST CHEST.

TYRATAUES, Spartan Poet

+1 on the Bersa Thunder 380! I bought mine for $199

This thread reminded me of the ungodly hot lady at the range that was shooting it. We left at the same time from the range and she was into fast cars so she actually approached me. We traded info, she wanted to know more about my M6 and I wanted to know more about her Bersa. She claimed to have put over 8000 rounds and never a failure. She also cleans it every time she shoots it (i.e. never dirty). She said it was very accurate. I saw the targets as she was next to me and it looked OK (groups of 4-5" at 35ft) I attributed that to her poor stance and grip.

Also, look at the CZ 83.
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear. - Ambrose Redmoon

I had a Bersa Thunder and it was excellent. Very ergonomic and reliable.

I have a Bersa Thunder .380 as well and have had no problems. A very nice piece for a great price.....

Default First Personal Defense Weapon

All,
    Thanks for your honest opinions. I appreciate your help.
    Larry