The Suarez Method
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Biting

All the women in my family have been taught to bite the adam's apple. Crush it and that dude is not only out of this fight, he is likely out of all fights, forever.

Biting off ears and noses is not so good in court. My stepson got some jail time for that. There were three of them, but he got convicted of mutilation, or some darn thing.

I should also point out that taking out the leader, or the spokesperson does not necessarily work except in novels. Sometimes it just pisses the rest of them off more than they were to begin with.

God bless and y'all be careful out there.

I'm reminded of the old-timer talking to the tenderfoot-
    "There I was, a hundred Apaches to the left of me, a hundred Commanches to the right of me, an angry boar grizzly behind me, a pack of rabid wolves in front of me, and I was all out of ammo."

"What happened?"

"I died, of course!"

If you can't defeat your enemy physically, you'll have to do it mentally. Negotiation, bluff, BS or just acting so crazy they don't want anything to do with you all might yield some advantage. In Gabe's scenario I might immediately respond with, "Praise Allah! Am I glad to see you guys!" Or, "Don't hit the sarin cannisters!" Or, if I'm familiar with the group involved (and speak Farsi or whatever), "Quit screwing around! (Insert local muckity-muck's name here) will be very upset if you shoot me!" ;)

Viciously taking out the leader may give you a psychological edge or possibly even scare off the rest provided you correctly identify the leader who may not be the same as the mouthpiece.

"Die like a viking!" I like that turn of phrase almost as much as "latte-swilling yuppie."* The vikings had a tactic, that was quite disconcerting to the romans, called the fountain of Tyr. When a viking lost a hand to a sword-stroke, he'd spray the blood in the face of his opponent and then take the roman dog to Valhalla with him.

*"The Tactical Rifle" :D

Thumbs up Romans 8:31

Hi All

Judges 15:14-17 He came to Lehi, and the Philistines shouted against him. And the Spirit of Jehovah came mightily upon him, and the cords on his arms became as flax that has been burned with fire, and his bands loosed from off his hands.
    And he found a new jawbone of an ass, and put forth his hand and took it, and killed a thousand men with it.
    And Samson said, with the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps; with the jawbone of an ass I have killed a thousand men. And it happened when he had made an end of speaking, he threw away the jawbone out of his hand, and called that place Hill of the Jawbone.

Id pray for victory as I reached out and cancelled the first guys birthday and the next and the next and the next until I ran out of adversaries or God called me home!!
    DEF :D
    out

I also agree Gabe!! One of the best instructors on the planet for the use of improvised weapons is...you guessed it, Jackie Chan! For me the fun of watching his films(other than his skills and humor) is his lessons in using your terrain and what is held therein. A short course from gum to gardenhoses as defensive weapons/distracters would be very cool. Keep us advised. Thanks .