The Suarez Method
Page 1 of 215 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Talking Picture of your Kalashnikovs

Alright you kalashnikillers. Post pics of your rifles.

Fuller-bilt AUSA receiver, Romanian Kit, USA Parts and Bulgarian triangle stock, running Polymer Bulgarian magazines.

Here are the current Evil Commie Rifles.

Maybe I should name them Pelosi, Hillary, and Obama? Oh, my mistake those are just evil commies!! :D
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "IN ORBE TERRUM NON VISI"

"LUCK FAVORS THE PREPARED"

"So I have to take my beret from my head, and put it in my heart. I'm not going to put it back on until the enemy has them by the throat. Not until I'm fighting for the Constitution of the United States of America."

To Train with John Chambers: CLICK HERE!

SGF-1: SHOTGUN GUNFIGHTING
    June 14-15, 2014

RGF-3: ADVANCED RIFLE GUNFIGHTING
    September 13-14, 2014

CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    November 8-9, 2014

Top AK is select-fire PolyTech. Bottom AK is Lancaster Polish AK on 1.6mm receiver. Several of my other AK 'children' aren't in the photo... I couldn't get them to say 'cheese'.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4 of my homebuilds. All from ak-builder.com flats. All with necessary US "compliant" parts. Bottom three I austempered just like the Soviets do. Top one I used the torch method on just the FCG holes and the ejector.

Top is from a Polish 762x39 underfolder kit. I did a bolt hold open magazine conversion with the notch in the selector also.

Next is a true mutt. Built from a Romy G parts kit, with a Russian sidefolder, Bulgarian handguards and scope rail, Chinese pistol grip and she's sporting a Polish sling. The 20 rounder I keep by her is a Hungarian full of Yugoslavian M67. RSA FCG. I have a Russian 6x scope for this one and she has a date with venison this coming season.

Third from the top is my beloved clone of the Russian AK74M. Built with a Bulgarian 74S parts kit from Ohio Rapid Fire, and a Russian scope rail from Tantal, and real Russian sidefolding polymer stock like the ones 1ST sells. That's a Russian 80s production sling acquired from Greentimber on the ak47.net EE.

The bottom is another Khyber Pass type, built from a Polish front end and a Bulgy sidefolder and scope rail.

Here is a 74S from another ORF kit. It is not refinished in this photo. Belle Boyd is guarding it.

A better photo of the Polish undy shown in the first one:

Another of the 74M
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Psalms 37

"A vulgar display of ability" - Tom Givens

"Not bad for an Alabama boy" - Sonny Puzikas

"You're like clearing a post, not a corner" - Randy Harris

These are not homebuilds but my best friend did carve on the furniture a bit. The buttstocks are coiled rattlesnakes, the top handguards are Confederate battle flags and the lower handguards are shaped like the jawbone of an ass (see Bible for explanation).

------------------------------------------------
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Psalms 37

"A vulgar display of ability" - Tom Givens

"Not bad for an Alabama boy" - Sonny Puzikas

"You're like clearing a post, not a corner" - Randy Harris

The top is a plain Jane GP WASR 10/63. The bottom one is a Poly-tech AKS 762 sidefolder. The Chicom is my Sunday go-to-meeting AK and the WASR is my everyday AK!:D

Left to right:

Left:
    Arsenal SLR-106F, 5.56, Bulgarian translucent mags, PK-23 red dot, muzzle break replaced with Bulgarian flash hider from K-var.

Center:
    Yugo M92 SBR. 7.62x39, Yugo "bolt hold open mags".

Right:
    Yugo M70B1, 7.62x39, yugo mags, PK-AS-V combat sight.

The side rail on both the Arsenal and Yugo were self installed with kits from "Tantal".

Kinda dull, just a Century Yugo UF:

In December of 2003, I bought myself a Christmas present: a Romanian SAR 1 for $200. I knew nothing about AKM rifles but had wanted one for awhile and saw the SAR 1 for sale in a mom-and-pop gun store.

Although this picture is not my original SAR 1, mine looked basically the same as the one below.

After keeping the rifle in the original configuration that you see above for about a year, I decided that I wanted to customize my rifle based on some of the other AKM rifles that I had seen and/or read about on various AK sites and many of the members of the sites were kind enough to give me advice on how to proceed. So, I started the modification process and this is what I have ended up with so far:

The folding stock and furniture came from www.dpharms.com, the bayonet came from www.tickbitesupply.com, and see below for info on the Kobra red dot sight.

This picture immediately above shows the bayonet mounted over the slant brake. Because I had to thread the barrel to add the slant brake, it changed the 922r requirements for the rifle and I had to use a U.S. made slant brake in order to remain in compliance. Before installing the slant brake, I also installed a detent pin and spring in order to keep the brake in place.

And if you have not seen how the Kobra red dot sight attaches to the side rail of an AK, here it is:

The Kobra is the Russian military EKP-1S-03M upgrade and operates on two AA batteries. (http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/collimator.html). The Kobra can be easily mounted and dismounted without disturbing the zero of the sight once it is set.

It addition, the rifle is fully compliant with U.S. parts and thus meets the federally mandated 992r requirements.

The rifle also has modifications that are less noticeable, such as a:

Blackjack notched safety/selector lever, http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/inde...roducts_id=202. Because some ranges that I go to require that the bolt of the rifle be locked open during cease fires, I installed the Blackjack notched lever. The locking open is done manually so when the last round from a mag is fired, you still hear the "click." If the bolt has to be locked open, then you can use the lever to do so.

Blackjack recoil buffer, http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/inde...roducts_id=180

Blackjack shepherd’s crook replacement lever, http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/inde...8&reviews_id=9

FCG from Red Star Arms, http://www.redstararms.com/

Fuller enhanced rear sight from One Source Tactical http://www.onesourcetactical.com/ind...ROD&ProdID=564

I carry six mags – either 20 or 30 round mags – five in a Chinese military bag from Cheaper Than Dirt. The sixth mag will be in the rifle.
    http://forums.cheaperthandirt.com/viewtopic.php?t=794

One of my other better acquisitions is the Lula Loader. www.maglula.com
    Just click on “Lula” in the upper left corner and then scroll down until you see the loader for the AK. If you don’t have one, you should.
    Your thumbs will thank you!

In MHO, the AKM is the Glock of rifles. It’s not pretty but it is rugged, reliable, runs with little or no maintenance, and like the Glock it can be dry-fired ‘til your heart’s content without damaging the firing pin or any other part of the weapon. The AKM is not as accurate as the AR but for the purpose for which the AK was designed and manufactured, it is an excellent weapon.

If you own an AK or if you are thinking about owning an AK, the “must visit” site on the web is Romanian Kalashnikov Rifles, http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml.

The magic of the site is in its left column and although the site is primarily for Romanian made AKM rifles, the principles that are discussed will apply to any manufacturer of AKM rifles.
    No guns, no peace.
    Know guns, know peace.

It's hardly as pretty as some of the others posted so far, but here's my AK. It's a Norinco NHM-90 chambered in .223.