Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by crebralfix
    What about the Browning Hi-Power? I find the transition very easy between the 1911 and Hi-Power (in either caliber).
    This is the obvious choice in a 9mm for a 1911 fan. SA mags are available with 15 and a +2 floor plate making a 16 or 18 shooter in a G19 size package only flatter and rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hambrick
    You should use whatever you are comfortable with. Don't worry what others think, suggest, etc. I doubt they'll be there with you in a fight. What you can use is what you should, well, use.
    --Alex V,

+1 on John H's post. Speaking as someone who loved both the 1911 and the Glock, I also hasten to add that while I fell in love with 1911 from the get-go, I was a much slower sell on the Glock--in fact, initially I actually hated the Glock before it eventually grew on me.

It would be a very dull world indeed if there was only one gun that pleasing to everybody. So go with what makes you happy and proficient, and if that's the 1911, Amen, brutha, stick with it!

Happy hunting and keep us posted . . .
    Hooah, God bless, and Fight On,

TrojanSkyCop1
    DDM and recovering former JBGT
    I'm no longer with the government, but I'm still here to help

ERIN GO BRAGH and ALBA GU BRATH!

JohnH11B Guest
    dgg9, yep. I admit on a open forum that with recent ammo cost increases I shoot my G19 more than anything else. But I do like the G19 so it's easy;)

Moving back to Glock took me a trigger job and two thousand rounds before I was really happy.

I still love my 1911 though.

hondo1911 Guest
    I agree with John Hambrick, carry what you want to carry, and don't worry about what everyone else thinks.

Default G18

I guess there is always the G18 in 9mm :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock_18
    "When the fightin’ starts, and things look bad, and it looks like you're not going to make it, you gotta get mean. I mean plum mad dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up, then you'll neither win nor live. That's just the way it is..."
    Outlaw Josie Wales