Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There is a mag bottom filler that makes Government size mags fit in Officer size guns, they are made also for Glocks to fit G19 mags in G26 size guns, I have this for my G26 when I carry G19 mags as back up.

This will prevent them from jamming too far into the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    There is a mag bottom filler that makes Government size mags fit in Officer size guns, they are made also for Glocks to fit G19 mags in G26 size guns, I have this for my G26 when I carry G19 mags as back up.

This will prevent them from jamming too far into the gun.
    But if you regularly interchange them between compacts and full size guns..

I had two full-size mags fail me while using my Defender during ECGR, but they are of undetermined mfg and have been transformed. I weighted them to feel like full mags, removed the springs and followers, and use them for 'tap-rack,-bang' practice.
    Last edited by Mickey Rourke; 05-05-2007 at 07:08 PM.

I keep a couple full size 8 round Chip M. Power Mags for my OACP; just get the mag base seperately they purposefully designed for the OACP and it will keep it from being over-inserted. (You won't confuse the normal Power Mag base with the one for the OACP as it's taller in front.)

I usually keep in my OACP a flush Chip M. 7 round, and use the 8 rounders with the OACP mag base as spares FWIW.

Chris

hondo1911 Guest
    If you want relibility, use only Officer mags for the Officer's model. I have tried the full size, and if you are in the O Sh-- situation and reload the full size mag in a hurrry you can have problems. The Officer model is too good of a pistol for you to cause it to mess up.

JohnH11B Guest
    One of the things that I remember clearly about CRG last year is at least 90%(could have been all) of the malfs I saw were people using extended mags or full size mags in a smaller gun ie. G21 mags in a G30, Wilson 10 round mags, etc. Everybody using magazines sized for the gun they were using had no problems. By .02 on it.

Thanks, ever'body, for your good advice and experience. :)

I really see I better stick with normal Officer-size mags for my OACP – no Gov't mags, no 10-rounders, etc.

I'm wearing my Garrity shoulder holster with the Officer's right at this moment. Quite comfy. Yeah yeah, you KNOW I saw Miami Vice one too many times ....

The pic at bottom is from Tripp (Cobramag) showing that kind of special base-pad (Ike & Crucible mentioned it) which would let you use a longer mag in an Officer's model (it's for their "8-round Officer's" magazine).

It does make a person wonder though, how many pistol models and magazines and calibers one should deal with, however .... ;)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Texican_gal; 05-06-2007 at 09:17 PM.

Wilson Combat and Chip McCorrmick both have floorplates that prevent over insertion of mags. Its worth it to commit a couple of mags to your officers model. MidwayUSA has them I know, and suspect Brownells and others do as well. They are cheap and work perfectly.