Random Sales July 25 2014
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Thank you.

I have an M70 Yugo that has no letter (P or otherwise) on the sight. With the adjustment barrel all the way back it indicates with a "0" (zero). Am I understanding you correctly that from the 1 (100m) setting you should dial in at 25m and again at 100m, then move barrel adjstment "All the way back" which in my case is a "0" (zero)?? Yes, I'm a newbie.

What size targets are people using for sight in with irons on the AK? I tried to use a standard 100 yard circle target and it was pretty hard for me to see it at 25 meters but i did have some half way decent groups but not real great more sub-side of the barn then sub-moa
    Honor your God and ancestors.
    Live for today.
    Look to the future.
    Love with your whole heart.
    Do right and fear no one.
    Keep a couple hundred rounds loaded in mags.
    Make sure all your loose ends are tied up
    and that today's a good day to die! ..

How do I line up the slider with the marks on the rear sight?

Do I line up the front edge, rear edge or middle with the line painted on the sight leaf?

Prairie Fire Guest
    Run the slider all the way to the rear limit of its travel, to the BSZ/300 position. You will see that the front of the slider is aligned with the hash mark, and can assume that other range marks will also be aligned on the front of the slider.

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Fire View Post
    Run the slider all the way to the rear limit of its travel, to the BSZ/300 position. You will see that the front of the slider is aligned with the hash mark, and can assume that other range marks will also be aligned on the front of the slider.
    My Saiga only has 1,2 and 3 markings.

Is there any way for me to locate the BSZ/300 setting in this case?

Default request for sight heights

Thanks for the info on the eastern sights; does anyone happen to have a good general sight height estimate for the standard 800/1k meter irons?

The other one I'd be interested in is a sight height for an Ultimak mounted Aimpoint Micro. I know, I should measure these myself, but don't have rifles in hand. Jim is working his shop hard I'm sure, in line with keeping healthy of course.

Appreciate the info here.

For those who are new to zeroing the AK, I found this web site that breaks down zeroing as simple as possible.
    http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/sightin.htm

Cheers.
    "Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, brains saves both"
    -Erwin Rommel

"Det bedste er ikke for godt: Only the best is good enough"
    - Ole Kirk Christiansen

Originally Posted by t18man
    This may not be correct for some rifles. If your rifle came with a long 1000 meter sight, like a Wasr 10 for example, and you replace it with a short 800 meter sight and zero it per the instructions above, your rifle's POI will be about 3-4 inches low at 100 meters. When you put a short sight on a rifle made for a long sight, the sight is to short and the slider will not engage the battle field zero cam at the end of the rifle's sight base. Moving the slider to the "A or P" will just lower the rear sight more. With a Wasr 10 and a short 800 meter sight it is best to leave the slider at the 100 meter mark after zeroing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post
    That is true. To use the BZO and range adjustments on the AK you need to use the same sort of sight (800 or 1000) as came on the gun. You can still use the 800, but you won't be able to use the sliding adjustments (if that matters to you)
    Question: What if your rifle came with an 800 meter rear sight and a 1000 m. were to replace it? Any issues with that?

Quote Originally Posted by mzmtg View Post
    My Saiga only has 1,2 and 3 markings.

Is there any way for me to locate the BSZ/300 setting in this case?
    I would also like to know if zeroing a stock Saiga is the same as mentioned above. I'm stuck with the factory Saiga sights until I can get my gun to Jim.
    NREMT-Paramedic
    ACLS, PALS, NRP, ITLS

1*
    Take Care and STAY SAFE

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast