Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Suggestions for Rem 870 Stock

I have a Rem 870 with a top-folding stock that is worthless for anything but slightly more compact storage. It was already installed when I received the shotgun, so I don't have a "standard" stock to put back on it. I have been looking at various stocks from the standard Remington synthetic stock to the Speedfeeds, etc. Any suggestions are welcome!

Any youth stock will do you fine.The shorter length makes it more manuverable.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Well, that depends on your size. I thought I'd like a shorter stock for maneuverability, but even taking the recoil pad off a standard stock makes a 870 just barely too short for me.

I was really looking hard at the Hogue Overmolded stock, and that is what I had planned to buy, but I'm just sticking with wood now.

The factory remington stock's seem cheap to me, yet overpriced. I would go with a Hogue or a Speedfeed.

-John
    ...Knowing is often a Barrier to Learning...

I thought the factory 870 stock was too long (14"lop). First I replaced it with a Houge 12"lop stock, and it was too short. I replaced that with a Speedfeed 13"lop pistol grip stock, and it is just right.

I've got a Knoxx SpecOps ( ) stock on my 870: adjustable LOP, and significant felt recoil reduction (45%-really). It's not exactly pleasing to the eye, but it works doggone well.

C-

I have shot a gun with the Knox stock on it. It greatly reduces recoil, and the adjustable LOP is nice to have. It is on the expensive side, but I think it be well worth it esp. for a smaller statured man or for most females. The Knox stock would also be nice on a home defense shotgun that might be shared with your wife/gf.

I'm about 5'8" and average sized. I just put a Speed Feed IV Youth Tactical on mine and it is perfect for me. It's a youth length pistol gripped stock without the screwy ammo storage feature.
    They fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till he knew that the Most High God rules in the kingdom of men, and appoints over it whomever He chooses.

Stock length depends upon the size of the individual and the length of his arms. I personally find the factory length stocks just right for me, but I am a normal size human being (6' 4" 245 lbs of teddy bear). Before you go cutting off a stock, try it out for size. There are ways to determine the proper length, which will help you hit what you are shooting at. I'd rather go for a shorter on the other end than the stock. If a stock is to short, I always end up jamming my thumb in my nose/eye (and I know you are not suppose to put the thumb over the stock but I do).
    I have always wanted to try the stock that has a pistol grip that looks like an AR-15 one. Anyone tried one of those?
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

+ (next number) on the Knoxx SpecOps. Worth every penny. I like it much better than the wire top-folder Knoxx CopStock.

I also have the speedfeed IV on an 870. It's pretty short. It's solid, too. I like it.