SI 2014 Training
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Ironbar
    to be safe make sure you have 6 parts on the gun some of the WASR's have G-2 trigger groups in them already thats 3 parts if not get a set there much nicer anyhow, pistol grip, muzzle device and hand guards will make a total of 6 parts. You will be 922r compliant. Those stocks are easy to change to.

All parts available from One Source Tactical, any questions let me know
    Jim

Here's what appears to be fairly good descriptions of the various WASR 10's.

http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/model.htm
    "Many men are able, most aren't willing"
    J.B. Books

Default Jim -

I have the single hook trigger... It has a decent take-up and very smooth roll-off - if I control myself it slides off like soft butter - & no slap. How do I know if it's G2?

The plan was to maintain its original config, but reading here I see the advantage of a folder. I will have a flash hider one day to replace the slant comp. Other than those, I don't expect to add - but you never know with the way the siren sings its song. This means I'd best know what's what. The list, 20 items, even includes mag bodies, followers & floorplates. How in the world do you build an AK varient based on 10 (and 5)?

Is this list correct?

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
    (2) Barrels
    (3) Barrel extensions
    (4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
    (5) Muzzle attachments
    (6) Bolts
    (7) Bolt carriers
    (8) Operating rods
    (9) Gas pistons
    (10) Trigger housings
    (11) Triggers
    (12) Hammers
    (13) Sears
    (14) Disconnectors
    (15) Buttstocks
    (16) Pistol grips
    (17) Forearms, handguards
    (18) Magazine bodies
    (19) Followers
    (20) Floorplates

-AndyB
    --As Always... For Whatever The Value

IB,

The list is meant to cover all types of weapons.
    Not all of those (20) necessarily relate to AK type weapons. For instance 8, 10 , 13 (parts not in an Ak) and sometimes 18, 19, 20 would be in reference to an Uzi type weapon, which has those parts.
    J.B. Books

Default Guantes...

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes
    IB,

The list is meant to cover all types of weapons.
    Not all of those (20) necessarily relate to AK type weapons. For instance 8, 10 , 13 (parts not in an Ak) and sometimes 18, 19, 20 would be in reference to an Uzi type weapon, which has those parts.
    Okay - got that - thank you, sir.

-AndyB

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbarr
    I have the single hook trigger... It has a decent take-up and very smooth roll-off - if I control myself it slides off like soft butter - & no slap. How do I know if it's G2?
    It'll say "Tapco USA" with "G2" right below it on the left side of the trigger.

Default Cpl-P.....

None there... guess I have - what - a factory trigger group or Century "special"?

BTW, aside from plier scratches the slant comp's only mark is a "C"... hmmm? Mine is a "SAJ xxxx -81" - does this mean anything re the count?
    -AndyB

IB,

The "C" might stand for Century. If you bought it from a dealer, it should have the required # of US parts. Don't know re the ser #, you could call Century @ (561)-265-4520 and check with them.

Here is an NRA review on the GP, noting Century installed parts.

http://www.nrapublications.org/tar/CenturyGPWASR10.asp
    J.B. Books

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes
    IB,

The "C" might stand for Century. If you bought it from a dealer, it should have the required # of US parts. Don't know re the ser #, you could call Century @ (561)-265-4520 and check with them.

Here is an NRA review on the GP, noting Century installed parts.

http://www.nrapublications.org/tar/CenturyGPWASR10.asp
    Guantes, thank you for that URL, for sure.

Folks, I now have a useful handle on this "imported parts" thing, and comparing my GP WASR-10 to the info you've provided has given me confidence in that I'll make no dumb errors re configuration.

Thank you all for your help.

-AndyB

What about a light? I'm taking a lowlight carbien class soon with my AK. They prefer you have a weaponlight. What options do I have for mounting a light?
    Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Do No Harm. Do Know Harm.

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ