Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smince View Post
    A question regarding the Wilderness/Sneaky-type belts: I have both a standard Wilderness, and one of their thicker gun belts with the liner. Which might be better to be used as an improvised weapon: the heavier, thicker, but less flexible one, or the more flexible belt?
    Absolutely, definately, the more flexible one. Especially in tight places.
    The Way of the warrior is to master the virtue of his weapons
    This is the truth: when you sacrifice your life, you must make fullest use of your weaponry. It is false not to do so, and to die with a weapon yet undrawn. - Miyamoto Musashi

Shot placement may be king, but capacity is the prime minister. - garrettwc

Ehre über alles! Author unknown

Two roads diverged in a wood [a]nd I took the one less traveled by; And that has made all the difference - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOblivion View Post
    A broken clock is right once a day anyway.
    twice

:D

When flying I just wear my everyday belt with the 8oz pewter folk art buckle, that TSA always says is so pretty.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Many men are able, most aren't willing"
    J.B. Books

I carry the new led mini-mag flashlight on my key ring. I use to carry a kubutton but switched to the light because people kept looking at ti funny plus I use the light more that the kubbotton. If asked about it, I can just laugh and say I am afraid of the dark. The mini-mag is less threatening that the newest and grooviest tac light, take AA batteries, and still puts out decent light. It is long enough to make an impression on someone as needed. I did have to swap out the tail cap with on from an old model mini-mag to get the hole to attach it to the keys.
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

A weighty key ring will wear out the ignition switchlock on your car; it can be expensive if it happens in a situation that leaves you stranded.

Mine wore out & thankfully I fixed it before it failed totally. I bought the part at the dealer & drove to the locksmith to have him re-do the cylinder & did the change in the parking lot.

The locks that come with the purchase of certain brands of firearms might be handy. You know, the masterlock type with the long plastic covered steel cable loop. Might make a good flail in a pinch.

Default Several good ideas

However,

I think that sometimes in the "gun culture" we focus too much on the object and not on the "operator" who would need to wield the weapon of opportunity.

These objects need to be part of a preparedness regime that includes training for various scenarios where they may need to be deployed and more importantly, the accompanying mindset and understanding of when and where and how to deploy the item(s) in question.

Just as JHP or Buckshot or Slug or a Centerfire Rifle Bullet offers no guarantees, neither does a blunt or sharp object.

In short, software to go with the hardware is essential. If your H-2-H game is weak, a steel pen, tactical flashlight or umbrella or magazine or cane, or laptop cord, etc. will not overcome determined adversaries prepared to die in order to complete their sadistic mission.

H-2-H skills, particularly practice within very small confines as with an Airliner cabin is a useful investment in time and energy.

Stay safe,

Nate
    p.s. My "kit" includes either a Surefire G2 or a Pelican M6 in a brightly colored tool pouch (the G2 has a metal strobe tail-cap). It goes in with my laptop bag for screening and then on my hip before takeoff so it's readily accessible. My heightened level of awareness while on travel stays the same. It's become routine as with my CCW approach when I'm at home.
    When it goes well with the righteous, the city rejoices; And when the wicked perish, there is jubilation.
    Proverbs 11:10

It does not take a majority to prevail… but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Sam Adams

FWIW, there are a wide range of steel-toes shoes available. Including sneakers and dress shoes. Boots just don't go with a business suit...but those cap-toed dress Oxfords won't draw attention until you drive a steel toe through someone's knee.

Where can you get dress shoes with steel concealed?

Google 'steel toe dress shoe'. Our suppliers carry them, as anyone in the manufacturing area is supposed to wear them.