Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    how about a walking cane? I can see other uses for a 3 foot piece of solid wood. Can you? I have two from canemasters and almost never leave home without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Swain
    Every flight I've been on recently required shoe removal anyway so it doesn't matter.
    Yes, I had to do this on both flights a couple of weeks ago. TSA even gave me an enema, but they didn't look twice at the real tools.:D
    **Mike Ronin on FaceBook**

**Spero optimus instruo pro pessimus**

**Out of destruction rises opportunity. We are only defeated when we give up. Never, ever give up. (Phil 4:13)**

Heavy boots are good. I always carry my Surefire E2D now, and before that a Streamlight TL-2. Never gets a second glance. The E2D styaed in my pocket and the TL-2 went in my carry on. I carry 2 steel ink pens in my pockets, one on the left side and one on the right, and several more in my carry on. I had enough to leave one in each terrorist. :D

Canes are good, and I have one from Canemasters, but I didn't take it this time. They have to let you though, and cannot ask questions about it. They merely run it through the x-ray machine.

I like a heavy belt too, either Wilderness or similar, or a heavy leather one with a buckle, which is what I have.
    **Mike Ronin on FaceBook**

**Spero optimus instruo pro pessimus**

**Out of destruction rises opportunity. We are only defeated when we give up. Never, ever give up. (Phil 4:13)**

Two carabiners held together with a stout line a couple feet long is important to those of us who might want to climb mountains when we get to the destination.

Default Training aids

I sometimes provide training as part of my work, so for my student's convenience I carry a small bundle of pencils wrapped in a rubber band so they don't scatter around in my bag.

Bama,

They even have a name, should they ask. In climbing they are known as "quick draws".
    "Many men are able, most aren't willing"
    J.B. Books

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes
    Bama,

They even have a name, should they ask. In climbing they are known as "quick draws".
    Many thanks.:D

When I flew to Israel I quizzed our trip organizers about accamodations and was uncomfortable with the reliability of the staff at some of the hotels so I packed a couple of extra padlocks in my carryon to secure my luggage with once on the ground. Unfortunately the only room I had left for them was on an outside pocket next to my cd player. In order to prevent damage I tucked the locks in a spare pare of doubled up tube socks.

Remember that an unaccessable tool is useless. You won't have time to assemble things after the SHTF, and spending the pre-flight doing so makes _you_ look suspicious.

Cold Steel has some nice plastic calve massage sticks.

Note that wood sometimes cracks, and if broken completely leaves hard, sharp jagged edges.

Filson's double thickness bridle leather belt is a hoss. Supports your holster well, comes out of your pants in a flash with a one handed yank and is very thick and heavy. Not cheap but good. I wear it into court since you can't carry anything that smells like a weapon.