Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Something to ponder for those who dont agree about securing a subject after you subdue the hell out of them..

If a person is enough of a badazz to beat into submission with a belt, cane or "other" dont you think its a good idea to secure them so its not necessary to have to do it again. Im not talking about in the middle of a fight, but after. It might be a while before sufficient response arrives, or the conveyance stops moving. Do you really want them getting up?? Or being able to recover enough to continue to do whatever damage they intended?

I was always trained, if you thought they were dangerous enough to ( shoot, hit, punch, beat with a belt, Tase etc) you need to secure them when they are no longer a threat, so 1, you dont have to do whatever it was to them again, and 2, because people get up and are sometimes much more dangerous.

A consideration, and a 4 ft piece of 550 tied in Ranger cuffs takes up essentially no room in your pockets
    Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez

War is not moral...fighting of any sort, is not moral. It is about killing the adversary. So here is the rule. Do what you need to do to win...have a ready explanation to justify it according to whatever rules you are supposed to be playing with...work only with people you can trust or work alone...then stick to your story and keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    Something to ponder for those who dont agree about securing a subject after you subdue the hell out of them..

If a person is enough of a badazz to beat into submission with a belt, cane or "other" dont you think its a good idea to secure them so its not necessary to have to do it again. Im not talking about in the middle of a fight, but after. It might be a while before sufficient response arrives, or the conveyance stops moving. Do you really want them getting up?? Or being able to recover enough to continue to do whatever damage they intended?

I was always trained, if you thought they were dangerous enough to ( shoot, hit, punch, beat with a belt, Tase etc) you need to secure them when they are no longer a threat, so 1, you dont have to do whatever it was to them again, and 2, because people get up and are sometimes much more dangerous.

A consideration, and a 4 ft piece of 550 tied in Ranger cuffs takes up essentially no room in your pockets
    If it was a terrorist, I'd just stomp their neck and not have to worry about detaining. It would still be part of "the fight".

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanTiger74 View Post
    Yeah there's a lot of stuff that can be brought on carry on luggage that can be used as defense device. Like one of the comments about screwdrivers. I do believe if it's under 7" it's good to go. Wild, but true. Living here in the DFW area, I've seen cowboy belt buckles that are HUGE and those can definitely be used as a flail like weapon. In the end, it all depends on the imagination of the user.
    I have personally used my “cowboy” belt buckle for defense. It works OK.

I also ran into a friendly neighborhood gang member coming in a window once and a ball off of the pool table, placed inside a tube sock is really amazing. That would be an item thats easy to carry on.
    Last edited by 83DropTop; 02-17-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    SI Classes.
    CRGF 5-28/5-29-11
    TMCO 6-4/6-5-11
    PSP 2-9/2-10-12
    ATM 4-21/4-22-12
    www.McFaddenTransport.com

TSA won't let you take toothpaste or shampoo on the plane.
    "Night vision devices let you own the night. Flashlights just let you borrow some of it for a little while." -- Chris Upchurch

"A Glock will make someone just as dead as a 1911 but the 1911 will do it with style." -- Yooper75

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    How effective could it be to replace your shirt buttons with some minimal sized lead fishing weights, some of those fancy ones with brass hoops? Paint them to match the shirt color. Put them on so they can be pulled off easily and tied within a bandana. They would become a heavier clocking weapon when swung with force.

Also, if tied together on the inside of the shirt with extra cord, the fishing weights could be unbuttoned through the shirt like regular buttons going through the button holes, leaving them connected in one longer strip of weights, and used as a bola when thrown.

In addition, it can be used as a choking tool.
    This is absurd. Spend your time getting stronger and practicing a martial art. Work to become an effective fighter in H2H.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." Winston Churchill

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Winston Churchill

~Dave

This is an interesting thread. I had a thought while reading through the various posts. There are a couple of different ideas going on here at the same time that someon pointed out earlier.

1.) Using what is available to you (weapon of opportunity)
    2.) Planning ahead and bringing your own premade (hidden) weapon

I think there are times and places where using everyday items would be a very effective weapon and protect you in the aftermath (think using mag light on keychain, heavy belt with strong buckle or Surefire style 1x18650 battery light) verses the premade weapon (whether home-made or purchased) (think umbrella sword, sharpened tubes inside backpack frame). It is going to be a lot harder to defend your position with the later when the investigation is going down after the fact. "I used my belt because that is all I had with me when I saw this guy doing xxxx" is going to make sense to a jury of your peers. "I used my home-made hidden backpack frame man-spike that took days of crafting that I snuck into the building past security when I saw this guy doing xxxx". They aren't going to be happy with that.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." Winston Churchill

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Winston Churchill

~Dave

Or drop the lead sinkers in his drink then after prolonged consumption lead poisoning may make him sickish or at least lower his spawns test scores I vote stab hit shoot poke beat or squash using any and all available methods and or items.
    Last edited by glockednlocked; 08-07-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Continue Reading ....

Every flight I've been on recently required shoe removal anyway so it doesn't matter.

My EMS boots have a nice rigid fiberglass toe and a side zipper for easy on/off. Very convenient for flying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

This may have been covered earlier. If so, my apologies and a link would be appreciated.

Now, has anyone flown with a tactical pen? Any problems?

I'm betting that its not allowed
    Last edited by Jess Karren; 04-25-2014 at 06:45 AM.
    "Sometimes A Teacher; Always A Student"

Retired from teaching for the time being.

These two fly with me just about everywhere...I tuck the pen into the wound metal spiral ring on a notebook for an even lower profile and the flashlight is in the carry one as well...no one has ever batted an eye at them...

CRG-Suarez International Combat Pistol Instructor

SIG SAUER CERTIFIED ARMORER M400, 516, 716, M4, AR15, M16