Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Default concealment and deployment of a collapsable baton?

Where would you keep it hidden to whip it out against a tango?

Make sure it's legal for you to carry first in your state and city. In Texas (I know it's dumb) but one cannot "legally" carry a baton like this. It falls under club and clubs are prohibited weapons.
    "Sometimes A Teacher; Always A Student"

Retired from teaching for the time being.

I keep a short one in a side pocket of my pants (it has lots of pockets, this one is barely larger than a fat sharpie pen). I keep a second one in the back pocket sometimes. If I'm very nervous, I wrap it against the inside of my weak side forearm and wear a long sleeve t-shirt over it.

In my state a baton carries the same penalty as a firearm. Otherwise use your imagination. In a boot would be a bad spot.

Personally Id keep it hidden on the dealer shelf. I just cant imagine when Id want to "whip" out a baton when I wouldnt want to whip out a Glock and fire a burst..... IF youre in fear and IF you can articulate it THEN SHOOT--If not then use harsh words not a baton...or maybe just leave and work on your articulation skills.....

As a matter of interest ARTICULATION SKILLS sounds like a good correspondence class

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Karren View Post
    Make sure it's legal for you to carry first in your state and city. In Texas (I know it's dumb) but one cannot "legally" carry a baton like this. It falls under club and clubs are prohibited weapons.
    Same in TN

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Personally Id keep it hidden on the dealer shelf. I just cant imagine when Id want to "whip" out a baton when I wouldnt want to whip out a Glock and fire a burst..... IF youre in fear and IF you can articulate it THEN SHOOT--If not then use harsh words not a baton...or maybe just leave and work on your articulation skills.....

As a matter of interest ARTICULATION SKILLS sounds like a good correspondence class
    Guns aren't allowed on campus, and I have no intention of testing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogunater View Post
    Guns aren't allowed on campus, and I have no intention of testing it.
    batons probably aren't either? In my state, an ASP or similar can be construed as deadly force, so, as Edel said, if you gonna whip it, come on with it! If you have to go to the stick, it's bad enough to goto guns!

https://youtu.be/EYlDbv7MqE8

Anyone else immediately picture this?

Default concealment and deployment of a collapsable baton?

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post

For once, I agree with the Maryland Resident! (Just kidding, I'm sure it was more than once. Probably twice. Maybe three times.)

Just carry a Glock and remember the big boy rules.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012