Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tribalism

Default Banner

OK, probably a hangover from reading The Outlaw of Torn at such an early age, but how about this:

A black raven looking ahead on a light gray gray field clothing a branch that spells out WT. The raven's wings are held out away from its body and its eye is shiny black.

God bless and y'all be mindful out there.

Geezer, you are an artist with words, in many ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer
    OK, probably a hangover from reading The Outlaw of Torn at such an early age, but how about this:

A black raven looking ahead on a light gray gray field clothing a branch that spells out WT. The raven's wings are held out away from its body and its eye is shiny black.

Ooops, that raven should be clutching the branch.

Like a Halloween sparkler that refuses to burn out, my brain keeps kicking out one last POP.

The above flag ( T-shirt, sweat shirt, et al) would allow Gabe's Ravens to differentiate themselves from those who are welcome casual visitors to WT but not able or willing to consider themselves part of the brotherhood.

I'd be interested in seeing a thread devoted specifically to the WT social group. The beginnings of the code outlined by Geez intrigue me.

Self-selection should suffice. A code based upon honor and sacrifice above all should leave out the majority of poseurs right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer
    Aaahh. Yes, I second that. Having viking blood in my veins the raven holds a special significance for me. A great symbol for WT.

Thanks, Geezer!

Default More On Ravens

Ravens are considered to be the smartest of birds, capable of reasoning at the level of a dog.

They have three calls, a heavy croak, a clucking sound and a klu-kluk flight sound.

The calls are local in frequency...Los Angles ravens cluck most of the time, PNW inland ravens rarely cluck, coastal ravens cluck incessantly.

Ravens are extremely easy to call in. Four repeated caws, without inflection, with pauses will bring ravens out of a cloudless bird less sky almost immediately.

One of the reasons I am so partial to the raven it is a good symbol for these with star-crossed pasts. It is a symbol of redemption and resurrection for those who wish to rise up, yet it does not hide the tarnish of the past.

May of us here have pasts that might leave something to be desired, yet here we are, striving to regain honor and validation once again.

And it has a nice ring....Gabe's Ravens

Al Lipscomb Guest
    Raven - One who, having derived little from his ancestors, has through Providence become the architect of his own fortunes or one of an enduring constancy of nature.

Chough (Cornish Crow) Strategist in battle; watchful for friends

Acacia Branch or Leaves Eternal and affectionate remembrance

Sable or black - Constancy, sometimes grief.

I hesitate to name anything. That we are as we are should suffice. Once you name something it loses its wildness. But if we must, perhaps simply, "The Tribe".

Besides, the term "raven" has connotations with a school in AZ with which we have little or nothing to do.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters