SI 2014 Training
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Although I missed it because of a mishap regarding the time, the Systema guy that Sonny recommended came out to The Inferno the other night and made quite an impression on everybody there. Including literally a physical impression on the face and head respectively of two of the guys there.
    “This is a war and we are soldiers. Death can come for us at anytime, and in anyplace.” - Morpheus

"There are no silver medals on the world's mean streets." - CWS

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez
    Those of you set for the class in October - how many of you would be interested in a 1/2 day of hand-to-hand, alternative force session with Sonny Puzikas? $125.00 extra.

?????
    Pre or post class? I can swing pre.
    AKA G30Jack

See My Schedule

"Most people find change in their dryer, I find bullets"- My wife

I will remember that if the monsterous creature is within clubbing range, it is a tight situation, and start clubbing. This is true even if my firearm still works. No reason not to club and shoot at the same time.

Whacking: The redistribution or impairment of biological functions intended to eliminate intercellular cooperation within a sentient organism.

Hi Gabe
    I would be interested in the extra 1/2 day of training!

I'm interested.

WIG19 Guest
    Reviewing this thread (again) has me pumped for MO in November 09. If Gabe likes Pepsi in the AZ sun, perhaps the Green Valley club will rustle up some hot chocolate in Novemberrrrrrrr. This should be a great experience. Have a couple questions:

1. Am putting together a belt affair from odds/ends I already own that will include AK mag transport and was wondering if anyone has a source for simple belt-mounted AK mag pouches, similar to what Sonny has on his left hip in this photo ?

FWIW, I like the idea of a belt because it lets me use some stuff I already own and I can put a simple nylon holster (with a hated but needed thumb-break) right up front in same position my normal AC holster would be. I can also balance the load in case I want a mag strongside in the event I have to shoot leftie. The whole affair also lies nice & flat with the folded AK in a very benign looking gym bag.
    :D

2. Adv KRG lists 500 rd min, approx how much more should I allow for the refresher on the Friday prior? Approx handgun ammo load needed?

Thanks

I wouldn't count on the host facility having ammo to buy, let alone hot chocolate. Be prepared, bring your own :) I agree, I'm sure your class will be great.

No idea on those pouches, but one low-end route would be the old E. German style pouches. Maybe http://www.onesourcetactical.com/ has some pouches I've missed.

Best bet on the ammo loadout would be to call SI, I think. (Office) 928-776-4492

WIG19 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TrnHrd View Post
    I wouldn't count on the host facility having ammo to buy, let alone hot chocolate. Be prepared, bring your own :) I agree, I'm sure your class will be great.

No idea on those pouches, but one low-end route would be the old E. German style pouches. Maybe http://www.onesourcetactical.com/ has some pouches I've missed.

Best bet on the ammo loadout would be to call SI, I think. (Office) 928-776-4492
    Thanks for the possible link on the pouches; didn't see 'em but that doesn't mean they're not there.

Nope, I certainly didn't expect the range to have my ammo, I have plenty of that. I'm not loading the whole truckbed up for the trip, maybe just partially, and am simply curious how much to bring. I'll just throw a case in the back-end and call it good.

Not relying on the Green Valley club for hot chocolate either (I shoot down there couple times/year), but if Gabe needs some by golly I'll bring a thermos.
    :D