Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Randy Harris 2022 GA State IDPA Champion in Backup Gun !

IMG_6678.jpg

Some of you may have read the thread earlier this year where I won the IDPA TN State Championship in Backup Gun (http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...k-Up-Gun/page3 ). On the last weekend of October I followed that up by winning the IDPA Georgia State Championship in the Backup Gun Division. Just a few more states to go and I can make a claim for "King of the Confederacy" .....

I sponsored and shot in the 2022 Georgia State IDPA Championship Oct 28-30 Dawsonville Georgia at Riverbend Gun Club. I competed in the Backup Gun Division with my 25 year old "box stock" Glock 26 with now very dim Trijicon Night sights drawn from an IWB holster under a polo shirt. No vest, just the polo shirt like I wear in everyday life. I shot the match on Friday the 28th with the workers and other sponsors and went back down there on Sunday to pick up my banner and a couple of awards. That's me in the black and gray jacket accepting my awards (1st Place Master BUG and 1st Place BUG Division) from match director Ed Moser. If you have Facebook you can see video of all the stages and a few pics here...https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083096239602

On stage 3 (out of 12) I suffered a torn calf muscle. I felt it 'pop" as I was sprinting into the final shooting position on that stage. I'm pretty sure it was due to the "less than ideal surface conditions" of the ground - think dirt like talcum powder that kind of "gave" when you stepped on it. But no one is going to just give you a state championship for getting injured so you just have to keep fighting.... so I did. I stayed on my feet all day and kept stretching as much as possible to keep it "warm " and keep it from tightening up on me. On the next to last stage it actually did lock up on me right as I got into the last shooting position. Fortunately for me the final stage required no movement.

I ended up 19 total points down for the match which was just a little over 1.5 points per stage. It would later turn out that the 2nd place guy was down 40 points. So I felt pretty good about my chances of winning while I drove home to Chattanooga even if my calf didn't feel good at all. On Saturday I went to the walk in clinic and they gave me a shot to help cut the swelling (my calf had ballooned up and felt like a cannon ball) and they told me to just keep it iced and wrapped until you see the orthopedic doc on Monday. So on Sunday the wife and I rolled back to Dawsonville (about 2.5 hours - she drove) to pick up my sign (I sponsored a stage) and hopefully some plaques or trophies. By the time we arrived the match was winding down and the scores were announced. I had felt pretty good about my performance on Friday and apparently no one was able to outshoot me on Saturday or Sunday (the match had so many people in it they ran it for 3 days instead of the normal 2).

So now I'm the 2022 IDPA State Champion for both Tennessee AND Georgia. Now to finish up with rehabbing the calf and getting back to full mobility....
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 11-28-2022 at 02:04 PM.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Outstanding.

Gotta fight through the pain to get the job done, and it hurts just as much to do nothing.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

Congratulations. A job well done.

Congratulations, Randy!

You DA MAN!!!

Have a safe and (relatively) painless Thanksgiving...
    Bob
    a.k.a. StealthNeighbor
    CRG-2 / CRG-3 / CRG-4 / HITS-8 / HRO-5 / RGF-1

"Tell me and I forget.
    Show me and I remember.
    Involve me and I learn."
    --
    quote often attributed to Benjamin Franklin

"I came into this world kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood.
    I have absolutely no issues going out in exactly the same manner."
    --
    unknown (lots of variants)

Tell the truth, You damaged your drumstick auditioning for the Rockettes....

Jesting aside, that was a tremendous feat! So....

When is the Alabama IDPA State Championship???
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    HITS - 3, 8/12/16
    CRG - 3, 8/13 - 8/14/16
    RGF - 2, 7/15 - 7/16/17
    CRG - 5, 7/7 - 7/8/18
    Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting, 10/12 - 10/13/19
    Advanced Kalashnikov Gunfighting 10/11 - 10/12/20
    TN/GA/AL Training Group

"40 shots rang out....40 people fell. Patti and the Killer missed each other, but they shot that town to Hell!"
    Cow Patti, Jim Stafford via Randy Harris

Excellent, thank you for sharing.
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll'), RS Class 5-78
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School, KWTLx4, Red Dot Pistol Gunfighting, RGF-1 Rifle Gunfighting

Congratulations Randy!

Congratulations Randy
    Many are able, few are willing .

Dirty is exactly why you are here.

Be ready and willing for the unthinkable.

NV28

RGF,PSP,ACRG x 2,CRG x 2
    Intro PS Basics,Def Knife
    HITS-7 Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals
    TASI,CRG-3,M4 RGF
    Red Dot Pistol in S.A. Tx.
    Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-15/2017 Houston, Texas.
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School ,Mar 6-8-2020,Orange Tx.

Way to go Cruel hand.
    I am in a sunny place full of shady people

Congratulations Randy!