Default HAMMER MANAGEMENT

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I caught myself smiling at 4:40 thru 5:00. I remembered an instructor; 17 or 18 years ago.... after every drill.... cease fire, de-cock, " COVER ", holster. Whether it was civilian students or at work with his agency officers. He always emphasized that " COVER " was to slow down, double check to prevent Stupid Stuff.
    Many are able, few are willing .

Dirty is exactly why you are here.

Be ready and willing for the unthinkable.

NV28

RGF,PSP,ACRG x 2,CRG x 2
    Intro PS Basics,Def Knife
    HITS-7 Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals
    TASI,CRG-3,M4 RGF
    Red Dot Pistol in S.A. Tx.
    Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-15/2017 Houston, Texas.
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School ,Mar 6-8-2020,Orange Tx.

Okay, Sensei: No experience with the CZ family, but enough with the M9. Question: Why bother pinching when the decock will return the hammer to rest? Yes, I know we want it at half-cock. But for commonality of training and eliminating that fine pinch, middle finger, trigger pull and release sequence, why not just decock fully and then thumb-cock to the notch, like we're doing with the M9? Seems simpler; am I missing something?

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    Okay, Sensei: No experience with the CZ family, but enough with the M9. Question: Why bother pinching when the decock will return the hammer to rest? Yes, I know we want it at half-cock. But for commonality of training and eliminating that fine pinch, middle finger, trigger pull and release sequence, why not just decock fully and then thumb-cock to the notch, like we're doing with the M9? Seems simpler; am I missing something?
    The CZ is available in three variants (kinda like the HK system).

The standard CZ75B and the Compact version are double action/single action, but have a safety like a 1911. So you can carry them in DA mode or cocked and locked like Uncle Jeff favored. But you cannot decock the hammer using a lever. That function does not exist on those versions and it is for those that we manually decock. If I didn't explain that - my bad. Regardless...If carrying in DA mode, it is better to place it in half cock as it reduces trigger travel by a wide margin, thereby simplifying the double action first shot.

The decocker version has a mechanism that does that for you, half cock is automatic with these and with the Omega series like in the video.

The Omega has a totally different - and simpler linkage that can be switched either or. I prefer the lever on those to the "D" models.
    Gabriel Suarez

The SP-01...which in my opinion is the ultimate in the CZ line comes in either the DA/SA safety version like the 75 B, or in a decocker version labeled "Tactical". It really depends on what somebody wants.

The more I work with the SP-01 the more impressed I am with it. Its kinda like a Czech, DA/SA Stacatto.
    Gabriel Suarez