Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just like any other piece of equipment, there isn't a one size fits all solution for every role.

There are active retention, passive retention, kydex, nylon,leather, elastic, IWB, AIWB, OWB, SOB, X draw, chest rigs, UA horizontal, UA vertical. All have their place and role.

Normal day to day I prefer passive retention because I have no intention of wrestling with someone or of being in a position where my activity will knock it loose.

On a motorcycle I prefer either AIWB or active retention in event of a crash or collision I want more control over the weapon's retention.

In professional environments where a jacket is appropriate I prefer dress leather, strong side, or UA horizontal, occasionally I'll use a SOB or belly band for a BUG.

Belly bands work great for resort casual, business casual, and dress casual.

AIWB dovetails with the belly band for dress casual and business casual while I tend to it more for daily dress.

UA vertical I like for suppressed pistols (I won't elaborate more on that one).
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 09-20-2022 at 11:24 AM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Zen View Post
    David Steele
    Apologies for thread drift, but does anyone know what became of Steele? I always enjoyed reading his stuff. Some casual web-browsing turns up nada -- I guess most/all of his work pre-dated the WWW(?).

Wrenching the subject back on topic, who's got him a cross-draw or shoulder rig for a K-frame that they like?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstore Commando View Post
    Apologies for thread drift, but does anyone know what became of Steele? I always enjoyed reading his stuff. Some casual web-browsing turns up nada -- I guess most/all of his work pre-dated the WWW(?).

Wrenching the subject back on topic, who's got him a cross-draw or shoulder rig for a K-frame that they like?
    I liked David Steele's stuff quite a bit. He's the reason I carried a Gerber Folding Sportsman II and a Mk I wherever I went, bought my first Randall in 1979, practiced using knife and gun together in close quarters, etc. His writing made sense and was relatable to what I'd been through, quite innovative at the time. He seemed to me -- young man that I was -- like a fellow who knew what he was doing.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ry?id=18686038

DAVID STEELE OBITUARY

STEELE, David E. David E. Steele, born on August 29, 1944, in Kansas City, MO, passed away on March 2, 2013 in Los Angeles. He graduated from St. Pius X High School, North Kansas City, in 1962, and received a BA in Sociology from UCLA in 1966, an MS in Police Administration from CSULA in 1973, and teaching credentials for Secondary and Community College from CSULA in 1975. He served in the US Army Infantry from 1967-69 in South Korea, first as a tower guard in a nuclear storage area and then as a singer in an Army entertainment unit. After his honorable discharge, he spent time as a volunteer on a kibbutz in the Negev Desert, Israel. Upon his return to the U.S., apart from a few years as a Social Studies teacher for LAUSD, he worked in law enforcement: first as a project supervisor for IACP (International Association of Chiefs of Police), then as a probation officer for LA County, a federal policeman for the VA and GSA, a customs inspector for USCS, and a State investigator for EDD and finally DMV where he spent the last 20 years. He was a top marksman and martial arts expert, writing 500 articles on military, police, and ordnance subjects for publications such as Soldier of Fortune, Blade, and Black Belt, as well as seven books. He was an accomplished tenor, an avid reader, and a seasoned traveler to Asia and Europe. In sum, he succeeded in living an interesting life. He is survived by his wife, Norma, daughter, Minnie, grandson, James, brother, Donald, and sister, Judith. A requiem mass will be said at Queen of Angels Catholic Church, 24244 Newhall Avenue, Santa Clarita, California 91321, on Tuesday, March 12, 2013, at 11:30am. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Mercy Centre, Bangkok, via www.mercycentreusa.org.
    Last edited by Redneck Zen; 09-21-2022 at 05:27 PM.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Any shoulder holsters that work with a red dot sight? I keep a iron sighted glock just for use with the Miami shoulder holster, but would rather carry a red dot sighted pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisher View Post
    Any shoulder holsters that work with a red dot sight? I keep a iron sighted glock just for use with the Miami shoulder holster, but would rather carry a red dot sighted pistol.
    Craft holsters make um.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks, I’ll check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisher View Post

I think GALCO is now making vertical holsters cut for an RDS.

I prefer AIWB most of the time, but cross draw is far better when wearing coveralls.