Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A CULTURE OF FEAR AND DEFEAT

I have been in this industry a long time...perhaps too long. Perhaps not an industry but rather a large nation within a nation. That is a good name for it. WT is a clan within a tribe. The larger tribe might be those who have trained with us...whom we have influenced...they get the newsletter...they buy something once every few years. A collection of tribes, following the indian analogy, is a nation.

A good way of looking at things since the word "American" no longer means anything...after all a zealot Joe Biden supporter in CA has as much in common with us here as a Jihadist in A-stan. But continuing.

I saw the same thinking in 2008...2012 through 2014...and seeing it now. It is almost as if some members of this nation, tribe and even the WT clan are never happy unless they are miserable...never have anything to discuss with each other if it is not about some impending doom...or worse...look for spiritual forces behind everything...even their choice of breakfast foods. I reject that line of thinking and that thought process.

Things are not as good for America as they were at the end of 2019. That is clear and anyone that thinks otherwise needs to look around. But when things get this way sitting around looking for that Manna to drop...or praying for the end...or sitting around with other malingerers grumbling about things is not the answer and i will not tolerate that here or anywhere else. For every problem there is a myriad of solutions. So a couple of additional precepts...perhaps a new set of precepts that apply beyond the scope of the tactical.

1). There are alternatives to everything. That was borrowed from the classic movie, The Mechanic. Bishop played by the inimitable Charles Bronson said that to his apprentice a young Jan Michael Vincent. AT the end of the day...you cannot be forced by anyone to do anything you do not wish to do. There are in fact alternatives to everything. Some of those may not be pleasant...but they exist nevertheless. Obedience, compliance, resistance, rebellion, all are choices. And they are your choices.

2). Don't Tell The Cyclops Your name. If you don't know the reference then shame on you. The application here is simple. You can accomplish what you wish to accomplish...even if the mission is against the rules. You will probably be fine...unless you tell Cyclops it was you who punched out his one eye and he gets his daddy Zeus to fuck you.

3). Staying Calm Is A Superpower. You've seen the gun people...a disgrace...so much so that I am almost embarrassed at times they are associated with me. Running to and from fretting the next ATF directive...the next Biden order...the next thing here or there. See precept numbers one and two.

4). Control your thoughts to control your emotions. It is easy to dwell on things and seethe...specially when you have surrounded yourself with fat fuck sitters and seethers. Say no...step away from that hive of defeat and fear. Refuse to catch that virus. Decide what you will do...control those thoughts that would interfere with your mission or drive up those negative emotions.

When the election comes around vote for every single republican on the list. If you are one of those people that posts memes saying "wings of the same bird" or bullshit like that you are all but guaranteeing the left will prevail. As well...I may not agree with everything the republicans want or do...but unless we put them back into power, the nation will keep marching left...likely with Biden or Harris as POTUS...so set aside your Libertarian Dreams until later. That is the way that the nation will be put back on track.

And until then...read these new precepts daily and make them a part of your thought process.

If you liked reading this...buy something in the store so that we will still be here on Election Day.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Seems like we've written on walking in fear and defeat before at length.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

In my observation, there's a direct correlation between that attitude of defeat, and the amount of time a person spends watching the news (be that TV, internet feeds, whatever). It's not that we should be ignorant of what's going on, but that obsessive focus with the media is a huge part of the defeat culture. Which one causes which is debatable, but I've noticed in a couple friends who've pulled back from the news channels, their attitudes and outlooks have brightened and they spend more time looking ahead at prospering rather than at the doom and gloom on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Seems like we've written on walking in fear and defeat before at length.

Kinda sick and tired of it myself.
    Gabriel Suarez

Don't let (irrational) fear, doom and gloom for the future interfere with your enjoyment and commitment to your current life....

Work out a little bit HARDER...

Train a little bit MORE.....

Savor that next sip of Whiskey.....

Get in even BETTER shape...

I refuse to allow perceptions of the future to control my current reality.

People could do with a look into the principals of stoicism. Meditations is out there free, or cheap.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Much less here on this forum, but on others that I occasionally visit, they are very heavily inclined to the gloom and doom aspect of existence to perhaps, an obscene degree. Granted, looking at what the nation has festered into, a bit of doubt and cynicism is called for, given the probable economic problems that many may face. However, despite certain individuals economic hardship, despite inflation, despite what some may believe is an impending civil unrest/war, despite .gov thievery and malfeasance, the US still "ain't that bad". Many are doing well, housing sales are still robust in the seven figure range, local Porsche dealership doing quite well, actually having trouble keeping inventory, restaurants rather full and doing a brisk business, as are area gunshops. It may not be an ideal economic situation for some, but many are doing quite well despite the current .gov stupidity. I'm not saying these aren't trying times for some, but a great many are doing well. Interesting times indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    Much less here on this forum, but on others that I occasionally visit, they are very heavily inclined to the gloom and doom aspect of existence to perhaps, an obscene degree. Granted, looking at what the nation has festered into, a bit of doubt and cynicism is called for, given the probable economic problems that many may face. However, despite certain individuals economic hardship, despite inflation, despite what some may believe is an impending civil unrest/war, despite .gov thievery and malfeasance, the US still "ain't that bad". Many are doing well, housing sales are still robust in the seven figure range, local Porsche dealership doing quite well, actually having trouble keeping inventory, restaurants rather full and doing a brisk business, as are area gunshops. It may not be an ideal economic situation for some, but many are doing quite well despite the current .gov stupidity. I'm not saying these aren't trying times for some, but a great many are doing well. Interesting times indeed.

I can point to a few "gun stores" that are not.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post

Let's just say that if you have disposable income, there are investment opportunities. Back in March and April of 2020, when the market tanked over the panic-demic, I was shoving every spare penny I could get into the stock market. Which paid off quite well for a while...and will again. Panic is not Your Friend.

Between news, social media, and a lot of the forums, it is easy to get pulled down that doom and gloom rabbit hole.

Instead, why not get up and actually do something? Train. Shoot. Fix something around your house. Learn a new skill. Cook a good dinner. Meet up with friends. Take the dogs to the woods for a hike.

A life well-lived, a positive disposition, and keeping busy with good stuff, this is the best evangilization. Let the grumps and haters and antis and commies see us living well, doing our thing, and working to build the world we want. I'd be willing to bet that might be enough to bring some of them around to better ways of thinking and living. And in the meantime, we will have enjoyed ourelves!