Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CZ scorpion evo micro

As I said in another thread, this is my “goto” for motor carry, and I find myself throwing it in the g-ride too on quick calls.

Now that budget cycle is over, and Not only did I get my vehicle allowance, I was able to address the salary issue ( mostly ). As a consequence of that I will be hanging up my hat with the Sheriff at years end and just doing my elected gig ( the SO will still call me for swat callouts, and as a resource on major crimes, I just don’t hav to deal with the other stuff now)

To that end I wanted to optimize the micro. Added an insight light at 12 ahead of the front sight, already had a 1 power etched prism dot on it, mag pull grip, but most importantly, The trigger was meh at best.

After looking around at all the options I could find, watching you tube where I could see stroke and reset, I settled on a Timney trigger for the CZ.

After installation all I can say is “WOW” what a difference that makes! So if you have an evo, you owe it to yourself to drop the coin on this trigger…… it’s that good. CRISP pull with next to no creep, and reset that is between 1/8 and 1/16 inch.

Installs easily if you don’t have a welded trigger pack ( only a little harder if you do). .. but soooo worth it)
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Oh yeah, the factory triggers on those (I have the full size, but probably the same) seemed to be junk. I did the trigger and grip on mine and a huge difference. Drilling out the screw was pretty easy for doing the replacement.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018

Well, this was an expensive thread to read.

I switched over to an HBI trigger spring, which improved the stock pull significantly. I also replaced the trigger shoe, but don't perceive any real improvement from that. That was before the Timney came out. Ever since the release, I've been debating it. I guess I'll go spend some money now.
    Virtute et Armis

Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

I had the HBI trigger springs too, but as soon as the Timney came out, I installed it, and it is GREAT. Much improvement. Worth the money.

Lawdog Greg,

You may mutter making the order ( mine was held up an extra 4 days so be patient). But once installed, you will smile and all will be well.

Quick tip not in the instructions , mine came with the safety detent installed ( previous YouTube’s implied it was installed during assembly)

2nd tip. Back off the safety detent to re Install safety, the crank back down to desired safety tension via the detention screw.

3rd, be prepared to stroke trigger for a few minutes after install. Do about 10 trigger pulls before install, the you will probably do about 50 after……. It’s that good.

Lawdog. My apologies if you saw that, auto correct makes “lawdpg”. “Lapdog” automatically , it was NOT me and was unintended. I did correct when I caught it. Damn shame auto correct seeks the weaker instead of the stronger.
    Last edited by coastalcop; 09-01-2022 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    Lawdog. My apologies if you saw that, auto correct makes “lawdpg”. “Lapdog” automatically , it was NOT me and was unintended. I did correct when I caught it. Damn shame auto correct seeks the weaker instead of the stronger.
    I didn’t see it, but I’d like to think I’d have figured it out. I’ve been bitten by spellcheck enough to know.
    Virtute et Armis

Those wanting Skorpions and Micros...I know a guy who has an IN with CZ.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Those wanting Skorpions and Micros...I know a guy who has an IN with CZ.

I thought you might……..

I’ve had both the regular and the micro. I prefer the micro, but wouldn’t pass either up.

you said optimize and insight in reference to optimization, that's weird

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI