Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    The GLS retention release is the second nuckle of your muddle finger as you grab the butt in a propper shooting grip. It takes any safariland mount. Mine is currently on a drop/offset.
    I know I’m only a month late to this thread, but do you prefer the GLS over the ALS? I have the ALS but I haven’t tried the other.
    Psalm 139:21,22
    Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
    I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

The truth is hatred to those who hate truth.

Quote Originally Posted by res308 View Post
    I know I’m only a month late to this thread, but do you prefer the GLS over the ALS? I have the ALS but I haven’t tried the other.
    The reasons I like it are that it is simpler, less expensive, and fits most medium to large frame polymer pistols.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

I have tried the ALS now but overall the "package" is not worth switching from the simple Kydex holster for me.
    While I think itīs unlikely to fail a draw, Safariland emphasizes regular practice with the holster (possibly to avoid litigation) and I still see a small chance of failure under extreme stress or fatigue.

Personally, I always search for the best possible option, so I am going to follow Greg's advice and try the GLS as well.

(Itīs a shame the 5.11 thumbdrive holster is out of production. I think it had a great concept.)