Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: CR920 or 43X

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NW Washington
    Posts
    2,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    I'm with Dorkface, I carry a dotted and comped G19 under a t-shirt regularly. It's what I have on right now, with a spare mag opposite.
    This. Every single day, whether I plan to leave house or not.

    Honestly, dressing around the gun has become so natural that the only times I've resorted to carrying a 43 are in a suit (I don't have one fitted for a full size gun) or tux, etc. Granted, I don't spend any time wandering a beach in shorts and flip flops; lifestyle makes a big difference in what you'll need.

    But I agree with Lawdog - if you're going to go smaller, I'd take a serious look at a 365. Most of the time I think there are better options than the modern Sig platforms, but the 365 (not the XL, or their crappy attempt at a comped slide, just the regular one) with 12 round mags is ahead of the 43 in a number of ways. But, the 43 with Shield 9+1 mags is a decent platform too and with a small optic and street comp it can be a sweet little James Bond-ish setup. You know, if James Bond was actually up to speed on this stuff as much as the SI crew... ;)

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    8,413
    Its worth noting that "Dressing around the gun" only really means not wearing something skin tight. Weekend before last when my wife and I went to the piercing studio I was wearing a casual fit latex Polo shirt, Catalyst Latex if anyone is curious lol, and had my gear on my belt. Heck as has as been pointed out in the past the best way to dress around the gun is having a chest that is bigger than your waist. Then the sky is the limit. lol.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

    Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist


    CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

    TWOTU since May 2015

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NW Washington
    Posts
    2,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Its worth noting that "Dressing around the gun" only really means not wearing something skin tight. Weekend before last when my wife and I went to the piercing studio I was wearing a casual fit latex Polo shirt, Catalyst Latex if anyone is curious lol, and had my gear on my belt. Heck as has as been pointed out in the past the best way to dress around the gun is having a chest that is bigger than your waist. Then the sky is the limit. lol.
    Well, it also means some basics that some people struggle with, like wearing something with a belt rather than sweatpants, etc. Sometimes I'm surprised at the gun guys who complain about the size of something like a G19 for carry, only to discover that the problem is purely in how they dress. Gym shorts, loose plumber-crack denims with no belt, etc, or sometimes it's the preppy skinny jeans or dress slacks with no belt.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    8,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
    Well, it also means some basics that some people struggle with, like wearing something with a belt rather than sweatpants, etc. Sometimes I'm surprised at the gun guys who complain about the size of something like a G19 for carry, only to discover that the problem is purely in how they dress. Gym shorts, loose plumber-crack denims with no belt, etc, or sometimes it's the preppy skinny jeans or dress slacks with no belt.
    Very true. I took that for granted as everything I wear has belt loops and a belt is worn. Good clarification.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

    Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist


    CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

    TWOTU since May 2015

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NW Washington
    Posts
    2,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Very true. I took that for granted as everything I wear has belt loops and a belt is worn. Good clarification.
    Same. But I look around and just shake my head sometimes. Seems like dressing like an adult man is lost on a lot of people.

    OP- not picking on you, it's just a general observation about the ease or difficulty of carrying a fighting pistol. Unless you're trying to carry that G19 in sweatpants of course.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    5,655
    Even sweatpants (or tie waistband gym shorts) work if you cinch up the drawstrings and run a clip-on IWB and a mag on the opposite side. Wouldn't try sprints, but you can pack a G19--I mean P229--that way without too much trouble.
    Warrior for the working day.

    Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

    "...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

    "What cannot be remedied must be endured."

    Vale et omnia quae.

    P:28

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Third Coast
    Posts
    4,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Even sweatpants (or tie waistband gym shorts) work if you cinch up the drawstrings and run a clip-on IWB and a mag on the opposite side. Wouldn't try sprints, but you can pack a G19--I mean P229--that way without too much trouble.


    LOL, the XO knows if she is going to get me pajamas for Christmas that it is required that they have a drawstring for that reason. When I go from daily wear to relaxing in the casa, the PJ pants go on , the drawstring gets cinched and the j-frame with clipdraw goes on (my frankengun I talked about before.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

    I'm not in the business of Losing

    A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,689
    Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    When I go from daily wear to relaxing in the casa, the PJ pants go on , the drawstring gets cinched and the j-frame with clipdraw goes on (my frankengun I talked about before.

    EXACTLY my routine. My XO knows sweats/PJ pants must have drawstring & pockets...
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

    TWOTU Since March 2012

    DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife


  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Nevada
    Posts
    467
    Never really been a Glock fan, even though I have 3. Been carrying a P365xl with a 407k-gr more frequently. 12+1 with 2 extra 15's, flat trigger version.
    Normally it's been a P229 SAS but cardiac issues are making lighter better recently.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •