Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbug View Post
    I emailed a copy of the Constitution to myself.

I figured that was the best way to get someone in the FBI to read it.
    Lol.....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Quote Originally Posted by Redbug View Post
    I emailed a copy of the Constitution to myself.

I figured that was the best way to get someone in the FBI to read it.
    Lol! Thatís a good one. Probably a lot of truth to it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

I kind of feel bad for the decent guys that went into the FBI. I had some friends--years ago; who I haven't done a good job of keeping up with--who went that route. Even 20 years ago, they were a bit disillusioned and they discouraged me from pursuing that path. Maybe they're retired by now. If not, I suspect they're miserable.

One of those friends shot up the ladder of promotion quickly. He was smart and diligent, but he was also self-aware enough to admit that being black didn't hurt his career. When he admitted that, I asked--aside from the agency wanting minority representation--what he thought he had done to warrant promotion so much faster than his peers. I was genuinely interested, because at that time it was still a path that I was contemplating. He told me that moving up in the FBI was, "50% about showing up on time, and 50% dressing the part." They were big on punctuality and freshly-shined shoes. But competence and intelligence apparently didn't factor into their consideration. And this was coming from a guy who had succeeded admirably within their organization; not some disgruntled reject.

The FBI's greatest success is their own marketing. I suppose a guy who likes to dress up in women's underwear would be the one to realize that "clothing makes the man."

When I was still in undergrad, I took a criminology class that was taught by an FBI agent. I recall him commenting that, "The best thing about being an FBI agent is getting to tell people at cocktail parties that you are an FBI agent."

Looking back, I'm so very glad that God closed some of those doors for me.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I kind of feel bad for the decent guys that went into the FBI. I had some friends--years ago; who I haven't done a good job of keeping up with--who went that route. Even 20 years ago, they were a bit disillusioned and they discouraged me from pursuing that path. Maybe they're retired by now. If not, I suspect they're miserable.

One of those friends shot up the ladder of promotion quickly. He was smart and diligent, but he was also self-aware enough to admit that being black didn't hurt his career. When he admitted that, I asked--aside from the agency wanting minority representation--what he thought he had done to warrant promotion so much faster than his peers. I was genuinely interested, because at that time it was still a path that I was contemplating. He told me that moving up in the FBI was, "50% about showing up on time, and 50% dressing the part." They were big on punctuality and freshly-shined shoes. But competence and intelligence apparently didn't factor into their consideration. And this was coming from a guy who had succeeded admirably within their organization; not some disgruntled reject.

The FBI's greatest success is their own marketing. I suppose a guy who likes to dress up in women's underwear would be the one to realize that "clothing makes the man."

When I was still in undergrad, I took a criminology class that was taught by an FBI agent. I recall him commenting that, "The best thing about being an FBI agent is getting to tell people at cocktail parties that you are an FBI agent."

I was a city cop for 25 years - without sounding sour grapes I was generally underwhelmed by any of the feds, with the exception of the US Marshal Fugitive people. They were real cops. The rest were marking time, underprepared or over impressed with themselves.

Good friend of mine just retired from the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF). he was glad to be done and said it had gotten too political (read leftist ideals) and he was sick of keeping his thoughts to himself. He was one of the good ones but promotion was a closed book.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Good friend of mine just retired from the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF). he was glad to be done and said it had gotten too political (read leftist ideals) and he was sick of keeping his thoughts to himself. He was one of the good ones but promotion was a closed book.
    I suspect most good people realize when it is time to disembark a sinking ship.
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by hawk9506 View Post
    I was a city cop for 25 years - without sounding sour grapes I was generally underwhelmed by any of the feds, with the exception of the US Marshal Fugitive people. They were real cops. The rest were marking time, underprepared or over impressed with themselves.

DEA, Secret Service CAT Team, and Marshals...otherwise I agree completely with you.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post

Where I worked at previously, i was part of a board choosing our director of security. We had a veteran head of corporate security, former Marjne and Army vet with lots of Sandbox time who was my choice, a regional swat commander who was my second choice, the chief of a major Police Department and an FBI agent who had never done physical security or counter terrorism at all. All our executives except for my boss and I voted for the FBI agent because they were "just so impressed with the FBI." He was a good guy but probably the least qualified candidate.
    Last edited by Francisp; 08-19-2022 at 08:05 PM. Reason: typos from typing on the beach

A good friends relative is FBI. Good guy, Boy Scout, never done anything illegal or tried any drugs even once in his life. He has morals and integrity, will not take a bribe or do anything against the rules. But also probably most likely to arrest you for jay walking as I don’t think he knows what real crime is and what real evil people are like. I’ve always had the best experience with hardened inner city cops. They could care less about me speeding or getting in a bar fight because they were dealing with multiple shootings a night.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Jons999 View Post
    A good friends relative is FBI. Good guy, Boy Scout, never done anything illegal or tried any drugs even once in his life. He has morals and integrity, will not take a bribe or do anything against the rules. But also probably most likely to arrest you for jay walking as I don’t think he knows what real crime is and what real evil people are like. I’ve always had the best experience with hardened inner city cops. They could care less about me speeding or getting in a bar fight because they were dealing with multiple shootings a night.
    Like your friend, most cops will arrest you or give you a ticket if they don’t know you. It’s their job, some have different jobs. Most people have no idea what it’s like to be one because they can only imagine it and what they think they would do. Most of these guys and girls that are Leo in whatever department arnt as stupid as you think. They can see and understand what is going on, and know somthing isn’t right. But, what people are asking them to do is what, give up there retirement and livleyhood for shit that dosnt effect them? They are just people trying to do their job and go home..... That’s kinda what we all do. If people want to truly demonize someone look at the fascist bureaucrats trying to fuck up our country, trying to use guys like your buddy..... It’s fucked, and hopfully 2024 can straighten some of it out or Atleast prolong their agenda, or they won’t have to make news stories of just demonizing they will get real stories....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....