Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Yes...he was my model for the type I discussed in class.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Yes...he was my model for the type I discussed in class.
    Be us some day, we're not careful.

Renewing the mind daily-daily will save us.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    if more people were afraid of getting punched in the mouth for the stuff that come out of their mouths.

This.

I suspect the victim lit a stick of dynamite and didn't think it would explode. I mean bad things only happen on tv right?

Some people's only experience with violence is an angry honk or stink eye. They can't imagine someone killing with little or no cause. When I lived in commiefornia, I recall co-workers from silicon valley coming up to sacramento and literally staring at blacks and asking what homeless people were. That's the bubble some people live in until this happens.
    "If you decide you can do something, you will." -Gabe, KWTL

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    They would call and rat out neighbors who didn't cut their grass quickly enough or, say, had a moving van on the street for a day or two over whatever arbitrary limit was in place.

Living in one of these places provides little actual security, subjects you to the tyranny of your neighbors and restricts the use of your property, subject to whatever "rules" the developers have put in place.

Hell on earth.
    This isn't just the old-people, retirement homes. This criticism can be levied at a great many HOAs now. Neighborhoods today aren't just a place where a bunch of houses are built near one another. They become little governments. And the structure and power of an HOA are of great importance. It is consistently the busy-bodies and nosy-Nellys that decide to "serve" on their HOA board. And then they go around nit-picking everyone else's yard--issuing warnings and threats and fines to people who don't mow their lawn frequently enough, or didn't take their Christmas lights down in time, or put their trash cans out too early. They care more about "order" than about freedom. They are grown-up hall monitors.

In my current phase of life, these petty tyrants are unavoidable. I look forward to the day when I move into the next phase. I am eager to buy that big piece of land in the middle of nowhere and unplug from the world. A bimonthly trip to the grocery store is about all of the human contact that I need.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    This isn't just the old-people, retirement homes. This criticism can be levied at a great many HOAs now. Neighborhoods today aren't just a place where a bunch of houses are built near one another. They become little governments. And the structure and power of an HOA are of great importance. It is consistently the busy-bodies and nosy-Nellys that decide to "serve" on their HOA board. And then they go around nit-picking everyone else's yard--issuing warnings and threats and fines to people who don't mow their lawn frequently enough, or didn't take their Christmas lights down in time, or put their trash cans out too early. They care more about "order" than about freedom. They are grown-up hall monitors.

In my current phase of life, these petty tyrants are unavoidable. I look forward to the day when I move into the next phase. I am eager to buy that big piece of land in the middle of nowhere and unplug from the world. A bimonthly trip to the grocery store is about all of the human contact that I need.
    Y'know, you're right. I moved into an HOA neighborhood back in the early '80s. No more than 10% of the houses were built--hell, the grass wasn't in on the remainder--and we got a letter telling us we couldn't park one of our cars on the dirt adjacent to our driveway. Screw this, I thought, never again. Ironically and deservedly, that HOA was later dissolved.

Fast forward about 15 years to when the XO and I married. The prime directive when we looked for houses was NO HOA!

After a sojourn in a bedroom community--no HOA, but neighbor Nazis who didn't like our cars or the number we owned--and we moved out to what was then the boonies.

And hey, NO HOA. Less neighbors, less neighbor problems, and no one's business whether the yard gets weedwhacked, the '74 Caprice gets parked on the lawn, or I pick up my brass.
    Last edited by Papa; 08-14-2022 at 11:43 AM.

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

Vale et omnia quae.

This works -almost always- for me:

Be POLITE
    Be PROFESSI0NAL
    Have a PLAN to (..."deal with"...) everyone you meet.

Veteran warrior over the 65 line.
    Last edited by Ted Demosthenes; 08-14-2022 at 11:22 PM.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

The worst tyrants are the ones closest to you. When my wife and I bought our current house, one of the directions to the realtor was “If you show me a house with a HOA, you’re fired”.

A good friend lived in a HOA that became tyrannical, so he decided to run for president of the HOA. He won, part of his acceptance speech was to dissolve the the HOA. They should have read the by-laws better. F’ing Legend

There was a dude here that yelled at cars that were driving faster than he thought was appropriate. Its a 25 but shit...I walk faster than 25. Anyway...one day I am driving by maybe 30 while he is out front of his house getting his mail. My windows are down and I am rocking FFDP. Anyway...I hear, "Slow the fuck down you asshole". I stop, throw it in reverse and drive back right to him (also at 30 mph).

"Dude...what the fuck is your problem?"

"You are going too fast"

"Says you...what the fuck are you some traffic cop?" (He has a blue line flag displayed in his yard)

"Yeah...retired CHP"

"Oh that figures...you used to prey on unsuspecting AZ drivers and grandmothers didn't you?"

"What?"

"I am a retired Gangster Cop homeboy and I will drive as fast as fucking feel like and there isn't much you can do about it"

We stayed there for a moment silent. I cranked up Blue On Black and drove off...at 30 MPH.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Lol... you should have 75 yarded him.... You have to send me his adress, I will do a burnout in his driveway next time I’m out there...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    There was a dude here that yelled at cars that were driving faster than he thought was appropriate. Its a 25 but shit...I walk faster than 25. Anyway...one day I am driving by maybe 30 while he is out front of his house getting his mail. My windows are down and I am rocking FFDP. Anyway...I hear, "Slow the fuck down you asshole". I stop, throw it in reverse and drive back right to him (also at 30 mph).

"Dude...what the fuck is your problem?"

"You are going too fast"

"Says you...what the fuck are you some traffic cop?" (He has a blue line flag displayed in his yard)

"Yeah...retired CHP"

"Oh that figures...you used to prey on unsuspecting AZ drivers and grandmothers didn't you?"

"What?"

"I am a retired Gangster Cop homeboy and I will drive as fast as fucking feel like and there isn't much you can do about it"

We stayed there for a moment silent. I cranked up Blue On Black and drove off...at 30 MPH.
    That motherf***er.

I despise Chips.

Vale et omnia quae.