Default Philippines Sept 22, 1972 Declaration of Martial Law

I hope this will enrich our historical perspective. For me I was there for it.
    There was thirty days grace to turn in all firearms including Spanish wheel lock muskets from 1500ís to present, prison if you didnít. Grace period started that night forward.
    Be a pirate!
    https://youtu.be/ZWu46IyLKwI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
    I hope this will enrich our historical perspective. For me I was there for it.
    There was thirty days grace to turn in all firearms including Spanish wheel lock muskets from 1500ís to present, prison if you didnít. Grace period started that night forward.
    Be a pirate!
    https://youtu.be/ZWu46IyLKwI

On tv that day on all channels there was only cartoons playing all day long until the proclamation that evening.

I was there but not 1 yet.

My dad told me what Marcos' first order was maybe when I was 6 or 7, but I was already in the USA.

I have a couple commie SJW aunts who were teens when this happened and they are "anti-Marcos" but support gun control and basically everything that would be useful for tyranny.

Something I've noticed among Filipino NPCs in discussions with them in person or online is that they fully support totalitarianism as long as it is their guy in charge. Many support gun bans (even for airsofts,) and a national ID that is tied to all of a person's bank and social media accounts. I trolled those morons by suggesting making "improvements" to the plan by using an implantable microchip that can do the things they are asking for plus tracking people. No one objected.

I quit all the "anti-Duterte" and "anti-dictatorship" Facebook groups a few years ago when these morons were filling up the groups with posts against Trump, Republicans and posting in support of Hillary, Obama, Biden, etc. and so many of these "good Catholics" supported feminism and abortion.

Many idiots thing dictatorship and communism are opposites.
    "Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot