Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    Ok, had a good turnout, everyone is sore, so it was good training. One of our aggressor force learned that a airsoft to the taint is almost as bad as a stab. and fun was had by all.

Fleshing out my Cheat Sheet a little bit, Pics may follow to clarify if my written word doesnt convey.

Ambushes beat lining up, be sneaky : I would rather sneak up and shoot you before you knew I was there from outside the room, or outside the building if I can. Those secondary entry points called windows are just fin to shoot into or out of.
    I forget that sniper/observers as SOP isn't done with local LEO. Ambush displace,ambush displace is a great tactic from the defensive viewpoint

Solo entry sucks, so suck it up: Cold is the back without a brother. Yes it sucks, but we will be along shortly, GO IN, cowardice is not a trait when you wear a badge.so does marriage but even the queers are signing up for the punishment.

Got Shot? You’ll live, make sure he doesn’t. Carry the fight, yep you got shot, if you are still functional you will likely live, push the fight to the limit of your ability, take him down before he gets the kids or your brother.when asked who shot you. The propper response is "some dead guy"

Hate your eX, movement is life. If you have posted longer than 3 seconds , you are a stationary target, move your X, it doesnt have to be much, but dont be fixed. momentum is key, once you loose the initiative its damn difficult to get back. Keep the train rolling but dont let the speed increase.

Centerfed, feed it with your dominant hand (reduce arc): Solo entry on a Centerfed room with a pistol, take the corner you are dominant in R hand R corner. Blast in on the diagonal, soon as its clear , sweep gun to cover left corner while still moving on the diagonal (this is a hicks law simple technique) and saves you about 40 degrees of arc to get the left corner. attack the crack. Come from hinge side toward handle side (if opens in, or handle side if it opens out.) Diagonal to the corner as far as needed, check up and about face and check on your 2 man or secure the door.

Cornerfed, you don’t have to eat the whole pie. Soon as you slice to the hard wall 90 degree or less arc, you dont have to do the full 180. Take the hard corner from your position if needed. handle your responsibilities before looking for more work.

You have a good trigger finger, use it (transition) : lots of rifle transition between shoulders. Some folks are truly ambi, Im not, probably a million trigger pulls with the right finger, couple hundred thousand with the left. Relocate JUST the stock to the the opposite shoulder, the trigger grip is loosened and the opposite arm pulled in tight opposite cheeeck finds the weld. Really simple, quick to do, allows your trained finger to break the shot, and minimizes exposure during threashold evalutation. (this one probably needs pics) half transfers definitely have their place and both half and full work better when not tied to a gun

Vertical displacement (work the angles) : You can shoot a bad guy with a good guy directly behind them, if you cant displace laterally for a good shot (like in a threashold) displace vertically, take a knee and carry the shot through the bad guy and into the ceiling or high wall (this was a real eye opener for them , including the Marine Raider I had in the class) dont forget that this can also be used to adress a threat with more than muzzle.(one standing, one kneeling/one kneeling, one prone)

Blue, Blue, Blue, so you aren’t red. Verbal comm when teammates get there to link up is the key to not getting shot. dont count on radios, comms, verbal, hand and arm signals. Communication needs to be constant and ongoing.

Smart Foxes get the rabbit (entry) Drive Diagonal on entry, you expected a lateral gunfight, they didnt, make them play catchup again communication is key. If you have 2 ready to dump the next room Diagonal is awesome. If you have 3 work your corners.

Linear Gunfights are to be avoided, Displace. : See Above, if you are the number 2 still displace farther from the wall, done correctly, the suspects ooda loop is still trying decide on which target to engage, when they both engage him . yep, once you engage move off line and handle your business 1 should be anchored in a corner and 3 should be batting cleanup or pulling security on the hallway.

All shooters are committed, and armed, Be MORE :Make the commitment NOW to always be ready and equipped to answer the call, train and improve, and go in to KILL as your first mindset. win hearts and minds, 2 in the chest and 1 in the head.

Anchor’s Away, All IEDS and committed get them. All suspects get anchored, they might have friends, ieds, or be playing possum. search known, likely, and suspected places for the tango, dont sacrifice your momentum. Search in more detail on the back clear. Then SSE

still more to follow, I just need bourbon first.
    BOLD as usual
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 08-10-2022 at 12:01 PM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Awesome thread. I recall a conversation with Cooper regarding his discussions with Rudel and a few others. Most of the planes he took down had no idea he was even in the sky with them. Incidentally, most of my own gunfights were ambushes where the bad guy did not even get a chance to fire on me.

Single man entries, I would add if possible...do the unexpected. They think you are coming one way, allow them to think that and shoot them in the back of the head.

Yelling is for fools. I never said anything to those I shot.

The diagonal move on entry is a life saver...shoulder transfers allow for a degree of flexibility n movement that is a game changer. See my video on Partial Transfers and Diagonal Lines Rifle Kata.

Awesome post coastal and Greg,,,thanks for yours as well. These are what make this place what it is.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Awesome thread.

Single man entries, I would add if possible...do the unexpected. They think you are coming one way, allow them to think that and shoot them in the back of the head. this is why we preferred roof or window entry, we always tried to access the structure from the highest point or an unexpected entry point of skylight or window

The diagonal move on entry is a life saver...shoulder transfers allow for a degree of flexibility n movement that is a game changer. See my video on Partial Transfers and Diagonal Lines Rifle Kata.

Awesome post coastal and Greg,,,thanks for yours as well. These are what make this place what it is.
    I could talk and demo on this topic for days boss. I like good content.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Let's get this thread rolling. Lots of good things to hash out here.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

post bourbon update

well I had one agency pull out of training about an hour in. stated they double booked training. got a bit of scuttlebutt today that they were concerned about my focus on killing vice neutralizing and a comment i made in the initial brief.

heres the comment, let me know if the tribe thinks its out of line.

“You may not have a legal duty, but you absolutely have a moral and ethical duty to go in. Your enemy is intent on killing kids. If you fail in that moral duty to enter out of cowardice and six months later the reality of what you failed to do sets in and you suck start your pistol, I will NOT shed a tear for you. Our vocation CANNOT keep cowards, if you question your ability to do the right thing, turn in your badge for the sake of those kids. and your coworkers”

I will say that students from two state agencies ( one of which was also my marine raider just backfrom a deployment) one school agency, and my agency didnt have an issue with anything I said or taught ( I was most concerned about the school agency, but they were gung ho to learn and want me to teach then expansion chapters throughout the school year). hell the school cops are looking at carrying sling bags or backpacks as part of their daily uniform so the can have a micro sbr on their body. I say good on them!
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Goddamn I wish you were in my county

Or I in yours.

Your comment is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    heres the comment, let me know if the tribe thinks its out of line.

“You may not have a legal duty, but you absolutely have a moral and ethical duty to go in. Your enemy is intent on killing kids. If you fail in that moral duty to enter out of cowardice and six months later the reality of what you failed to do sets in and you suck start your pistol, I will NOT shed a tear for you. Our vocation CANNOT keep cowards, if you question your ability to do the right thing, turn in your badge for the sake of those kids. and your coworkers”
    Not even close to out-of-line. You may have just offended them by holding a mirror up before them.
    Virtute et Armis

Cowards hide behind laws...warriors act regardless of them.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

If you get killed, die gloriously, Valhalla awaits....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Fantastic stuff.

Totally agree with all, and most of it was taught to me by the better trainers I had the opportunity to work with it. (Just haven’t done much, especially team work, since I retired in 2017.)

If Alone, GO and don’t stop. If you pick a corner to clear first and after a step or 2 realize you should have gone to your dominant side or door side… Don’t stop. Finish what you took, and THEN pick up the far side. Hesitation will get you killed.

I had a Delta Guy tell me you should enter a room like a shaped-charge going off in slow motion; Explosive, committed, unstoppable. But in total control.

Don’t “over-search” on the initial entry. An armed bad guy that actually can get you first can only fit in so many places. Clear the most likely places first. And expect to shoot the guy in every one of those places.

As said, if you can work the outer perimeter and use windows. (The LAPD SWAT window-breaches used to get more bad guys than the entry guys.)

If things slow down a bit and you are now on the hunt ALONE, take a breath, collect your shit and HUNT.
    Use reflections, look for shadows.
    Pause and LISTEN if it goes quiet.
    SMELL them out. I’ve found some pretty well hidden dudes because of their smell.

Once it goes loud, don’t worry about staying too stealthy. Get the job done.

As stressed, communications with teammates is so important. Simple and clear. Again, if it’s loud, make sure your teammates hear you and know it’s you.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Complete Pistol Gunfighter
    Force on Force
    Killing within the Law
    Pistol Groundfighting