Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Remember that going in on a barricaded shooter...or an HRT are not the same dynamics as an Active Shooter. In the two former...they know you are coming and they are waiting...and actually have the advantage. The AS is occupied and not exclusively thinking of you coming for him. Listen for the shots...follow the sound...locate the shooter...he is the one shooting victims...get as close as needed and blow the back of his right through his eyes and nose...all without making a sound or uttering a word.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    post bourbon update

well I had one agency pull out of training about an hour in. stated they double booked training. got a bit of scuttlebutt today that they were concerned about my focus on killing vice neutralizing and a comment i made in the initial brief.

heres the comment, let me know if the tribe thinks its out of line.

“You may not have a legal duty, but you absolutely have a moral and ethical duty to go in. Your enemy is intent on killing kids. If you fail in that moral duty to enter out of cowardice and six months later the reality of what you failed to do sets in and you suck start your pistol, I will NOT shed a tear for you. Our vocation CANNOT keep cowards, if you question your ability to do the right thing, turn in your badge for the sake of those kids. and your coworkers”

I will say that students from two state agencies ( one of which was also my marine raider just backfrom a deployment) one school agency, and my agency didnt have an issue with anything I said or taught ( I was most concerned about the school agency, but they were gung ho to learn and want me to teach then expansion chapters throughout the school year). hell the school cops are looking at carrying sling bags or backpacks as part of their daily uniform so the can have a micro sbr on their body. I say good on them!
    I can’t find anything wrong with what you said. Actually I’m glad you did say this. It needed to be said.

I’m just not very surprised though that some people pulled out. I hope they don’t go back to their department & pencil whip some kind of document stating they attended the class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

“You may not have a legal duty, but you absolutely have a moral and ethical duty to go in. Your enemy is intent on killing kids. If you fail in that moral duty to enter out of cowardice and six months later the reality of what you failed to do sets in and you suck start your pistol, I will NOT shed a tear for you. Our vocation CANNOT keep cowards, if you question your ability to do the right thing, turn in your badge for the sake of those kids. and your coworkers.”

No question. No doubt.

And no quarter.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

One of the things that is sometimes misunderstood under active shooter protocols is the transition from active shooter to barricaded subject/ hostage barricade. ALERRT tries to address this, but I streamline it in my explanation.

Active Shooter: Shots are being fired GO IN

Barricaded subject: Is his position or action inhibiting you from evacuating wounded including those where he has holed up? Yes? GO IN, No? Contain and treat as barricade.

Hostage Barricade: Is his position or action inhibiting you from evacuating wounded, including those where he is holed up? Yes? GO IN, No? Contain until you stack the team for hostage rescue.

In any of these events, if you can get a shot, inside, outside, etc. TAKE THE SHOT. Your precision marksman IS a form of negotiation.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

So lets think this through. How does an AS become a barricaded suspect? Usually through warning that they are coming for him...calls to drop the gun...etc.

If an AS is handled correctly it never becomes a barricaded suspect or hostage taker.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    So lets think this through. How does an AS become a barricaded suspect? Usually through warning that they are coming for him...calls to drop the gun...etc.

If an AS is handled correctly it never becomes a barricaded suspect or hostage taker.
    No shit. Why is this new news to so many folks? And why do some act shocked when it gets said out loud?!

This was a concept that came up in a hostage negotiation training I took in the 1990s, and the veteran officers teaching it made this point clear then. They would have come up in the profession in the 1960s or so, I would guess. So it isn’t like it is a new idea.

I thought that one of the things that distinguishes humans from lesser species is the ability to learn lessons and translate that learning across generations. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post

communicate with your team….. not the shooter. the shooter only needs bullet points anyway ;)
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

heres the comment, let me know if the tribe thinks its out of line.

“You may not have a legal duty, but you absolutely have a moral and ethical duty to go in. Your enemy is intent on killing kids. If you fail in that moral duty to enter out of cowardice and six months later the reality of what you failed to do sets in and you suck start your pistol, I will NOT shed a tear for you. Our vocation CANNOT keep cowards, if you question your ability to do the right thing, turn in your badge for the sake of those kids. and your coworkers”
    Not out of line at all .... I'm thankful all our work was a full fire team or larger. Can't say I didn't like the on point position though. Did my best to keep the team safe
    American Veteran and Patriot, Lover of God, Country and Family. No Regrets, No Bullshit

The mind set...which I suspect is not widely cultivated in the LE world...although some individuals have it.

I am not here to save anyone or rescue anyone.
    I will step over the wounded and the dying.
    I am not a guardian, I am a warrior.
    I am not a doctor or a medic...I am a hunter and a killer.
    I am here to hunt and kill the terrorist.
    That is all.
    Gabriel Suarez

I used to say, "don't thank me, thank a tax payer".
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities