Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Final Thoughts before this evolution of training.

I was writing some quick notes to myself before I teach today. Programming a bunch of folks with badges and guns to be better.

Because this is a refresher, not a full on AS course, it allows me to do a couple of things. I dont have to use the whole playbook, I can adjust to the realities or the agencies involved, and teach it under a generic course number instead of having to go by rote.

Ive spent the last week thinking about things that are second nature to me now and trying to figure out which might arent really in the ALERRT playbook, and those that are, how to get the most out of them.

So the morning before I kick this off, I started making a cheat sheet for myself to remind me of things that WIN, so I dont kick myself as much later when Im enjoying a nice whiskey and suddenly say "Damn!! I should have told them about this!!" (we have all been there).

So I came up with these reminders on the basis that its going to be a solo response initially (from the school cop) until the rest of the troops arrive.

Ambushes beat lining up, be sneaky.

Solo entry sucks, so suck it up.

Got Shot? You’ll live, make sure he doesn’t.

Centerfed, feed it with your dominant hand (reduce arc)

Cornerfed, you don’t have to eat the whole pie.

Vertical displacement (work the angles)

Blue, Blue, Blue, so you aren’t red.

Smart Foxes get the rabbit (entry)

Linear Gunfights are to be avoided, Displace.

All shooters are committed, and armed, Be MORE

Anchor’s Away, All IEDS and committed get them.

I will fill these in and discuss further, probably tomorrow after class. Lots of these things are covered by SI , perhaps by a different name. Feel free to discuss and add, remember I get 1.5 to 2 hours refresh then tips and tricks correct through 6-7 hours of practicals, so the list is short by default.

This is what Im talking about, just added two more.

Hate your eX, movement is life

You have a good trigger finger, use it (transition)
    Last edited by coastalcop; 08-09-2022 at 04:36 AM.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Default Final Thoughts before this evolution of training.

Tagged for further learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by paknheat; 08-09-2022 at 08:38 AM.
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    I was writing some quick notes to myself before I teach today. Programming a bunch of folks with badges and guns to be better.

Because this is a refresher, not a full on AS course, it allows me to do a couple of things. I dont have to use the whole playbook, I can adjust to the realities or the agencies involved, and teach it under a generic course number instead of having to go by rote.

Ive spent the last week thinking about things that are second nature to me now and trying to figure out which might arent really in the ALERRT playbook, and those that are, how to get the most out of them.

So the morning before I kick this off, I started making a cheat sheet for myself to remind me of things that WIN, so I dont kick myself as much later when Im enjoying a nice whiskey and suddenly say "Damn!! I should have told them about this!!" (we have all been there).

So I came up with these reminders on the basis that its going to be a solo response initially (from the school cop) until the rest of the troops arrive.

Ambushes beat lining up, be sneaky.

Solo entry sucks, so suck it up.

Got Shot? You’ll live, make sure he doesn’t.

Centerfed, feed it with your dominant hand (reduce arc)

Cornerfed, you don’t have to eat the whole pie.

Vertical displacement (work the angles)

Blue, Blue, Blue, so you aren’t red.

Smart Foxes get the rabbit (entry)

Linear Gunfights are to be avoided, Displace.

All shooters are committed, and armed, Be MORE

Anchor’s Away, All IEDS and committed get them.

I will fill these in and discuss further, probably tomorrow after class. Lots of these things are covered by SI , perhaps by a different name. Feel free to discuss and add, remember I get 1.5 to 2 hours refresh then tips and tricks correct through 6-7 hours of practicals, so the list is short by default.

This is what Im talking about, just added two more.

Hate your eX, movement is life

You have a good trigger finger, use it (transition)
    This is fun. Wish I was rolling up on one now.

How about:

The F150 is a better breacher

"Up on the roof" and fish in a barrel

A window makes the room a KD range

Sheet rock ain't rock
    Last edited by Papa; 08-09-2022 at 08:21 AM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

OUT FUCKING STANDING!!!

Got one more. This one encapsulates alot and perhaps should become a new precept.

YOU ARE NEVER OUTGUNNED IF YOU KILL THEM FIRST
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    OUT FUCKING STANDING!!!

Got one more. This one encapsulates alot and perhaps should become a new precept.

YOU ARE NEVER OUTGUNNED IF YOU KILL THEM FIRST
    Hah! Shoot first, talk later.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

Are you feeling lucky....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

marked

Know when to coast and when to hit the gas. Don't let the momentum build, be steady.

1man, decide and commit, gas gas gas, aggressively enter the room and handle your responsibility before looking for more work.

Communicate, 1 word is best, keep it short.

The squeeze doesn't mean go, it means he's ready to back your play. 1man makes the decision.

Pie at the same pace you traverse a hall.

Do not get buck fever

Eyes and weapon are connected.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting multiple times
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by ARodPDT117 View Post
    marked
    Hah, wouldnt be the first time....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Ok, had a good turnout, everyone is sore, so it was good training. One of our aggressor force learned that a airsoft to the taint is almost as bad as a stab. and fun was had by all.

Fleshing out my Cheat Sheet a little bit, Pics may follow to clarify if my written word doesnt convey.

Ambushes beat lining up, be sneaky : I would rather sneak up and shoot you before you knew I was there from outside the room, or outside the building if I can. Those secondary entry points called windows are just fin to shoot into or out of.

Solo entry sucks, so suck it up: Cold is the back without a brother. Yes it sucks, but we will be along shortly, GO IN, cowardice is not a trait when you wear a badge.

Got Shot? You’ll live, make sure he doesn’t. Carry the fight, yep you got shot, if you are still functional you will likely live, push the fight to the limit of your ability, take him down before he gets the kids or your brother.

Hate your eX, movement is life. If you have posted longer than 3 seconds , you are a stationary target, move your X, it doesnt have to be much, but dont be fixed.

Centerfed, feed it with your dominant hand (reduce arc): Solo entry on a Centerfed room with a pistol, take the corner you are dominant in R hand R corner. Blast in on the diagonal, soon as its clear , sweep gun to cover left corner while still moving on the diagonal (this is a hicks law simple technique) and saves you about 40 degrees of arc to get the left corner.

Cornerfed, you don’t have to eat the whole pie. Soon as you slice to the hard wall 90 degree or less arc, you dont have to do the full 180. Take the hard corner from your position if needed.

You have a good trigger finger, use it (transition) : lots of rifle transition between shoulders. Some folks are truly ambi, Im not, probably a million trigger pulls with the right finger, couple hundred thousand with the left. Relocate JUST the stock to the the opposite shoulder, the trigger grip is loosened and the opposite arm pulled in tight opposite cheeeck finds the weld. Really simple, quick to do, allows your trained finger to break the shot, and minimizes exposure during threashold evalutation. (this one probably needs pics)

Vertical displacement (work the angles) : You can shoot a bad guy with a good guy directly behind them, if you cant displace laterally for a good shot (like in a threashold) displace vertically, take a knee and carry the shot through the bad guy and into the ceiling or high wall (this was a real eye opener for them , including the Marine Raider I had in the class)

Blue, Blue, Blue, so you aren’t red. Verbal comm when teammates get there to link up is the key to not getting shot. dont count on radios,

Smart Foxes get the rabbit (entry) Drive Diagonal on entry, you expected a lateral gunfight, they didnt, make them play catchup

Linear Gunfights are to be avoided, Displace. : See Above, if you are the number 2 still displace farther from the wall, done correctly, the suspects ooda loop is still trying decide on which target to engage, when they both engage him .

All shooters are committed, and armed, Be MORE :Make the commitment NOW to always be ready and equipped to answer the call, train and improve, and go in to KILL as your first mindset.

Anchor’s Away, All IEDS and committed get them. All suspects get anchored, they might have friends, ieds, or be playing possum.

still more to follow, I just need bourbon first.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time