Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CZ 75 Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    I feel like I'm missing an obvious solution, here, but gotta ask: When carrying a DA/SA holsterless, where does one generally carry a spare mag? If one at all? I'm considering one of these in part because it could easily be carried holsterless daily, if I needed to, but I also want to make sure I could effectively carry a spare mag as well.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk
    If I’m wearing Levi’s In back pocket or front.... It just depends....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    If I’m wearing Levi’s In back pocket or front.... It just depends....
    Done that a lot in jeans as well. I tried for about five minutes while wearing slacks one time, and needless to say, it didn't work.

I feel like I'm missing an obvious solution, here, but gotta ask: When carrying a DA/SA holsterless, where does one generally carry a spare mag? If one at all? I'm considering one of these in part because it could easily be carried holsterless daily, if I needed to, but I also want to make sure I could effectively carry a spare mag as well.
    I've never come up with a truly "holsterless" solution for magazines. I can tuck a pistol into my waistband and it will stay in place, but a magazine just wants to slip away. At best, it ended up wedged in place with only the baseplate above my belt, making for an awkward and difficult draw (and discomfort). At worst, it would slide right down my pant leg. I experimented with carrying a P228 in the "Colombian" fashion, and wanted a spare mag, so I stitched up a simple nylon sleeve with a belt loop (similar to the one Gabe posted by Mastermind Tactics, but just nylon rather than elastic). That was a vast improvement.

For my own lifestyle, I ultimately decided that holsters are the way to go. But if I were going to choose to carry a naked gun, I would still put the spare mag into some kind of a pouch. I haven't tried the mag pouch from Mastermind, but it looks ideal. It's the same basic idea that I came up with years ago, but executed in a better choice of materials (and with straighter stitching than my DIY skills provide for).

Tossing a mag into your pocket is never ideal. If the pocket opening is more vertical (like most suits), then you run the risk of the mag sliding out. If the pockets are cut more horizontally (like most jeans), then it makes for a more difficult draw. With a decent holster, I can carry a 642 in my pocket and it will simultaneously be secure enough to stay in place and also quickly accessed. I've seen similar pouches designed to hold a magazine in your pocket, but never used one. Another possibility would be the Neo-mag carriers, that hold the mag on a pocket clip. I haven't tried those, either, but they look useful enough that I'll pick one up and try it eventually. For this project, either the Neo-mag or the Mastermind mag pouch would, in my opinion, be a much better solution than just tossing the mag in your pocket or waistband. But I'm adding a big asterisk, because I've never actually used either of those products.
    Virtute et Armis

I found that the pocket clips work well enough for small single stack mags. But even then they aren’t ideal and if “air tight” concealment is the top priority I wouldn’t recommend. The mag top can still be seen and discerned by those paying attention.

That goes double for double stack mags.

An IWB mag pouch is best for deeper concealment. But if that isn’t available, then a pocket it is. Not ideal but some circumstances just require pocket carry with the limitations that entails.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

for a true BBQ holster, i would go Southern Trapper, if you feel so inclined, you can even have it made out of elephant hide: https://www.thesoutherntrapper.com/c...s/all-holsters

for duty use, my preference is ANR Design. they have one of the larger variety of guns that they make holsters for. offer both light bearing and non-light bearing, with one of the larger varieties in gun/light combos. with or without "claw" and spare mag setups https://www.anrkydexholsters.com/pro.../iwb-holsters/

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I just drop a mag in my front pocket, next to my wallet. The wallet keeps the mag upright, and I intentionally choose a mag that's taller than my wallet for easy access.

But, I also prefer jeans or work pants with bigger pocket openings. Some are cut so that you really have to squeeze your hand into the pocket; I don't like that. Some sort of heavy duty canvas work pants (Carhartt, etc) with larger pocket openings work for me.

Done that a lot in jeans as well. I tried for about five minutes while wearing slacks one time, and needless to say, it didn't work.
    For sure, slacks I don’t even carry my keys, shit just falls out of them....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

I've been using g code holsters phenom stealth for several years on g48 and g19, lined with fuzz inside/out over kydex, making them quiet on draw and reholstering.

I use my CZ 75B S/A in matches all the time it never fails and is a great gun.