Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Deniable Weapons

I have a slew of 'deniable' weapons that I keep around for various occasions. There is the screwdriver--just a hair under the 7" TSA limit--that I carry AIWB in a Kydex sheath when flying. I've always got a pen on me, and usually a flashlight that works well in a hammerfist. And most recently I created a short loop of leather, large enough to slip my hand in it, and with a brass padlock clipped through the end. It's the padlock-on-a-bandana concept, but the leather strap keeps it properly oriented in my pocket so that I can easily whip it out.

Padlock.jpg

To distinguish the definitions, these are not 'improvised' weapons; they are 'deniable.' Improvised implies that you had to suddenly make-do; to look around the room and figure out what you can use as a weapon. These tools are thought out in advance, and often require some craftsmanship to fabricate. I'd be interested in hearing or seeing what you guys have come up with.
    Virtute et Armis

A dude I know used to carry one on a heavy wallet chain. It works, I saw it used....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Not too deniable, but if you remember the combo the lock can be thrown over a couple neighborhoods....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Very interesting...better than the bandana on the lock that you mentioned, which has found use ....
    Last edited by henri; 07-02-2022 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Not too deniable, but if you remember the combo the lock can be thrown over a couple neighborhoods....
    I don't plan to deny using it. If I use it, it will probably all be on camera. I just need to deny that it's a weapon in order to get through security screening. And I remove the lock from the leather strap when going through. I can explain the lock as something for the gym, and the leather strap as part of a piece of luggage that I just forgot was in my briefcase.
    Virtute et Armis

Man, Lawdog, I read "padlock on a banana" and was trying to figure out what that meant. I must be tired.

I like deniable weapons. I picked up a stainless steel "bolt action" pen (because I hate the cap clicky type that comes open in my pocket) last year that serves well for this; unlike the Zebra pens and similar it's a thick machined stainless tube and ends. But it also takes nice Pilot gel inserts and writes really well, and is a nice polished stainless that doesn't look tactical.

I've carried a bic lighter in my pocket for probably 30 years now, but never smoked a day in my life. Not directly a weapon, but it has uses; some are very practical and I use it a lot, but others can be left to the imagination.

I've carried one of Brent's Heretic tools through TSA at least 4 times in the past year, with no issues. Even had a lady search that bag last time, but she skipped right over that and went to the laptop that I'd forgotten to separate from the bag. She said some things to me about the contents of my bag, but we apparently didn't speak the same language and I have no idea what she had to say.

If you gonna go gansta...go gantsa!

Get you a Glock...third hand...load yo shit with surgical gloves. Deniable is deniable motherfuckers
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The heretic, obviously. Have traveled many times with it. I have taken to tossing it in the bin along with my laptop and it saves me a from getting pulled over. I HAVE been pulled over a lot, but “it’s a bottle opener” has worked every time.

I have also traveled with drumsticks on a plane. Doesn’t hurt that I can actually play if asked, but I have never gotten pulled over with sticks.

Never traveled with a cane because I am not that motivated enough to do so. But maybe someday.

I once saw a guy get on a plane with two obviously weaponized canes strapped to his backpack. He was obviously a fit, strong martial artist and didn’t need canes to walk, I was a little surprised that he wasn’t even hassled for it.

I am not so in favor or carrying deniable weapons that are OBVIOUSLY weaponized…that’s kinda contrary to the whole point. It shouldn’t LOOK like a weapon before you get on a plane (or whatever).

Our first goal is to weaponize ourselves.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I have a slew of 'deniable' weapons that I keep around for various occasions. There is the screwdriver--just a hair under the 7" TSA limit--that I carry AIWB in a Kydex sheath when flying. I've always got a pen on me, and usually a flashlight that works well in a hammerfist. And most recently I created a short loop of leather, large enough to slip my hand in it, and with a brass padlock clipped through the end. It's the padlock-on-a-bandana concept, but the leather strap keeps it properly oriented in my pocket so that I can easily whip it out.

Padlock.jpg

To distinguish the definitions, these are not 'improvised' weapons; they are 'deniable.' Improvised implies that you had to suddenly make-do; to look around the room and figure out what you can use as a weapon. These tools are thought out in advance, and often require some craftsmanship to fabricate. I'd be interested in hearing or seeing what you guys have come up with.
    When I was traveling internationally a lot I always carried a SureFire 6P Defender flashlight , pen and a choirboy. In places like the UK carrying a screw driver can get you in trouble. The choirboy was always recognized as a bottle opener.

I could use an aluminum one, too…

Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife