Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    The heretic, obviously. Have traveled many times with it. I have taken to tossing it in the bin along with my laptop and it saves me a from getting pulled over. I HAVE been pulled over a lot, but “it’s a bottle opener” has worked every time.

Never traveled with a cane because I am not that motivated enough to do so.

Our first goal is to weaponize ourselves.
    I love the Heretic. I’ve had the same experience: TSA pulls it out with a frown and accusingly asks, “What’s this?” I smile and say, “It’s a bottle opener.” They smile back and send me on my way. I’ve got the brass (which is heavier than I want) and the G10 (which I worry won’t last through years of use). I need to get one in aluminum.

I got a cane years ago, and carried it on exactly one flight. While it seemed like a good idea, I was way too self-conscious about it. I clearly don’t need a cane. Its true purpose was obvious. And it’s really not even the best weapon in a cramped area ( like an airplane).

And yes, we are the weapon.

Now I have to figure out how to weaponize a banana for Yondering.
    Virtute et Armis

Lawdog, I’ll trade you an Aluminum Heretic for your Brass one?

I could use an aluminum one, too…

Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

I have a big one-inch nut on a piece of paracord. You can use it as a ranged weapon or a close in weapon. Either way, the nut on a string can crack a skull.

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    I could use an aluminum one, too…

That pen...who makes it and what is it called? I want to buy a couple. That may be a good item for the Suarez store...
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

4F41FAD6-3AC2-4B00-A362-1B636C2F960A.jpeg

I’ve been using this pen for a while now. Google Embassy Pen.

Offer stands on a trade or buy on a brass Heretic.

Quote Originally Posted by 45Smashemflat View Post
    Lawdog, I’ll trade you an Aluminum Heretic for your Brass one?
    I'm down for that. Your PMs are full. Clear those out and send me a message.
    Virtute et Armis

Thanks for the name of the pen, 45.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

For the record, that’s NOT the same pen in IANative’s photo. Just a similar non-tactical tactical pen.

TSA has never more than glanced at this "tactical pen" as far as I've seen. But it's thick heavy stainless and has a glass breaker at one end. (If asked, my answer is that I'm a machinist and it's a scribe, both true.) But none of them have ever picked it up or glanced twice at it.
    I'm pretty sure it could be hammered through a 2x4 without damage, and I've abused it as a small pry bar a couple times (although that's not why I'm sharing it here of course); way tougher than a Zebra. And it writes really well.

I slicked it up a little, but it's just a cheap $30 pen from Amazon.

And yeah, the ol' Glock has seen a few miles and won't win any beauty contests. Fits like a well-worn shoe though and runs even better.
    Last edited by Yondering; 07-04-2022 at 12:24 AM.