Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spokelse416 View Post
    Thats just.. disgusting..
    The longer you look the worse it gets lol.
    Side note. Does the first pistol drop mags freely? Cause he put tape over the mag catch..
    I tried one of those rubber grips that slipped on. Kept getting in the way of the mag release so I pitched it in a drawer somewhere.

I always was part of the camp that you should shoot and train with ANY gun for a while before slapping junk on it to determine what is really needed or what was just wanted
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    The rubber bands on the grip were state-of-the-art in 1976. Hogue wasn’t yet in existence. The simple rubber band provided some tackiness for your grip, and maybe kept your D-frame from sliding out of the pocket of your polyester pants.
    Or from sliding down the waistband of your Sansabelt slacks.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

I’d really appreciate it if you’d ask before you post pics of my guns.��

Must have sent them to you because Dewey was all booked up and couldn't get to them.
    Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

Gunsite Orange, API -250 Sept. 1978 (Everybody starts somewhere)
    CRG - July 2011, Oct. 2017
    PSP - April 2012
    TMCO - Sept. 2012
    TWOTU since 2011

Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    I think the moral of the story is send it to the right guy the first time and get it done right. Cant knock a guy for trying but now your cleaning up a mess that would have been so much easier if they just sent it to you to begin with.....
    nope, he just sent them in for comp installs and test fires, no cleaning to be done

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Lots of people are attracted to what could be called ‘grunt hacks’—those tricks-of-the-trade developed by our warfighters half a world away. These days, if you are SF then you are pretty well equipped. But it hasn’t always been that way. The guys who were in Afghanistan in 2003 will remember all of the creative uses they found for duct tape and paracord. Their equipment often looked like an abomination, but it worked. Now some people will look back with nostalgia and associate those fugly guns with being a legit warrior.

The rubber bands on the grip were state-of-the-art in 1976. Hogue wasn’t yet in existence. The simple rubber band provided some tackiness for your grip, and maybe kept your D-frame from sliding out of the pocket of your polyester pants.

I prefer my guns clean. But some people seem to actually like them ugly. Those two could win a prize if ugly was the contest.
    normally i would understand and agree, but i've also seen grip tape from baseball bats, or even tennis tape. i've also seen the odd shrink fit bike inner tube. when this guy sent in his 2 g19s back in 2020, it was pretty much the same story, except he had a UTG optic mounted to one of the slides.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

on these, the wayward grip tape i could excuse, aside from covering up the mag release, but the fact that they are used to hold things in place that arent designed for use with the frame in the first place, like the aftermarket gen 3 beavertail held in place with grip tape on top and 3m hook mount tape underneath. then theres the 1/8-1/4" deep holes that he poked underneath the trigger guard. thats all before getting to the non-adjustable point of aim lasermax guide rod and the dotor 3 cover with the wire and small piece of velcro that i can only assume he has the other piece attached to his belt since unless hes running an uncle mikes, theres no holster that will accommodate the recover tactical rail adapters with olights

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    SEMPER FI

Part of me hopes its an eccentric person with a twisted sense of humor who sent them in just to screw with everyone. lol.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsbo View Post
    I tried one of those rubber grips that slipped on. Kept getting in the way of the mag release so I pitched it in a drawer somewhere.

I always was part of the camp that you should shoot and train with ANY gun for a while before slapping junk on it to determine what is really needed or what was just wanted
    That's exactly how I am. Even as a tinkerer/builder. I train with the platform til I can figure out EXACTLY what needs to be upgraded and changed vs left alone. It's a lot less wasted time and money that way.
    Plus it helps if you actually buy QUALITY ie S.I.
    Last edited by Spokelse416; 07-05-2022 at 04:20 PM.

How does that go again?...You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them think.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"