Default Used some pistol kata today…

Dropped in to see some family and their little boy came out of the back yard with a big as squirt gun aimed right at me.

Instantly, I knew he wasn’t a threat, but my brain also knew I didn’t feel like getting wet. I instinctively went into (sloppy) diagonal lines kata and got out of the way right before his mom could yell at him to “put that away!”

Ive used pistol kata in force on force with good effect but I was always “ready” for it. This is truly a surprise that I was not prepared for so its nice to see that the training did indeed take over. Yes, it wasn’t an actual threat but still…

Kata works… train it!

Also thanks to Gabe and crew for putting the Kata out there. I’ve seen how other instructors and other companies teach “getting off the X” and truly almost none of them offer such refined techniques. Anyways, just wanted to throw this out there as a reminder for people to add in Kata with their dryfire.

Like it was.....MINDLESS.

ANd I have yet to see anyone teach a get off the x properly. Shufle to the side - shuffle to the side draw - shuffle to the side shoot - shuffle to the side again is NOT getting off the X.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Like it was.....MINDLESS.

ANd I have yet to see anyone teach a get off the x properly. Shufle to the side - shuffle to the side draw - shuffle to the side shoot - shuffle to the side again is NOT getting off the X.
    When you use kata in force on force with people who have never seen it, it’s blows their mind. It’s like they don’t realize before then that they are able to actually move rapidly while getting the gun out and
    counter attacking.

Square range mentality I guess…