Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vz 58

Default Vz 58

Cz dose make quality stuff. Makes my want to go vz 58 now.... Sig 556r would probably be better, but they vz look pretty damn cool....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

I had one a while back. The one aspect of the rifle that drew my attention was how svelte it was compared to the AK. Looking back, I see no other advantage over the AK.
    Last edited by Cacti Rat; 08-25-2022 at 07:24 AM.

Magazines were always my problem, I don’t like having a bunch of different shit...

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Magazines were always my problem, I don’t like having a bunch of different shit...
    Pretty sure the vz58 takes AK mags. As to anything else I'd totally take an sbr/braced pistol version over the AK. It's sleeker, smaller, and imo takes suppression better.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Pretty sure the vz58 takes AK mags. As to anything else I'd totally take an sbr/braced pistol version over the AK. It's sleeker, smaller, and imo takes suppression better.
    I thought they had their own mags, that would change my opinion....

On a side note, have you seen how much fuller is selling aks for? Holly shit, I looked yesterday. He’s a cool guy but god damn..... Are they that much better then a Bulgarian?

I taught a couple of classes in Slovakia and Czech about a dozen years ago. Everyone ran these. Some points -

1. The Czechs make far better weapons than the Russians and are super innovators. Incidentally...the UZI is a copy of a Czech SMG.

2. Doesn't take AK mags

3. Better weapon than the AK

4. Incredibly difficult to source spare parts and mags

5. In truth...in 2022...you are better served with a 300 BO in an AR platform
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Going back to the days when Suarez International was AK focused, head shots at 300m were possible with quality after market upgrades and a good optic. Those upgrades don't exist for the VZ58. My Czech made rifle was a 3-4 MOA rifle with Wolf ammo. I suppose you could squeeze out better accuracy with quality ammo, but it would still be an intermediate range rifle.

With the magazine removed, I could hold it in one hand like a Winchester M94, that is, thumb and middle finger almost touching. For that reason alone, I liked it and kept it but it just took up space. I sold it when the COVID gun buy panic hit; I got an offer for it I couldn't refuse.
    Last edited by Cacti Rat; 08-25-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I taught a couple of classes in Slovakia and Czech about a dozen years ago. Everyone ran these. Some points -

1. The Czechs make far better weapons than the Russians and are super innovators. Incidentally...the UZI is a copy of a Czech SMG.

2. Doesn't take AK mags

3. Better weapon than the AK

4. Incredibly difficult to source spare parts and mags

5. In truth...in 2022...you are better served with a 300 BO in an AR platform
    I hear you, reason I stepped it up... I’m not going to lie, it took some convincing. I really like aks still, but they have serious limitations....

You know...the 7.62x39 round could be very accurate...but not with Wolf or any surplus Russian ammo. I was making amazing shots with imported Lapua and with a batch of experiemental ammo Peter Pi of Corbon made for me. In class with a shorty Suchka I was making head shots on steel at 200 yards.

The reason we stepped away from the platform is that the platform could not keep up with what we wanted to do. AK shooters were "make do" and "get by" people. The idea of spending the same amount on ammo as an M4 shooter would made them gasp. And I didn't want to "get by" or "make do"...I wanted excellence. That drove us to the excellent SIG 556R. I was in discussions with SIG about making a Suchka and revising the rifle to make it more modern. Adding ehnaced triggers, keymod (before M-lok) handguards, etc.

Then the mouth breathing idiots discontinued it.

That was when I finally gave the middle finger to them and the 7.62x39...an exercise is frustration.

Seriously...if you want ANY caliber today...get it in an M4 platform. 300 BO is IMHO the equivalent to the 7.62x39 but exceedingly more developed (some propellerheads will invariably argue)
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters