Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Not her, but the lady I bought it for says it's very comfortable and she can forget it's even there.
    High praise indeed. Thank you for the info. I will recommend that to a few people that I know.
    KWTL Feb 2022

Quote Originally Posted by paknheat View Post
    Nothing like a actual user to put the info out. If you please, what pistol are you carrying in this rig?

I was thinking of getting one for my wife.

--------

Of course. Im carrying a stock G43 but soon it will be a SI-43 with a streetcomp. Their extra accessory of a "sport belt" is a great addition to the setup.
    I pace the shallow sea, walking the time between, reflecting on the type of fossil Id like to be."

-Ann Zwinger

~**I Axolotl questions**~

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Molotov View Post
    --------

Of course. Im carrying a stock G43 but soon it will be a SI-43 with a streetcomp. Their extra accessory of a "sport belt" is a great addition to the setup.
    Thanks, I went online & started watching some of their videos.

Now to work on the mrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    And what would have happened if someone said no? Would you have forcibly taken and opened the item or simply told them to not bring it in? Not sure where you work or who gave you guys the “authority” to do so but case law is pretty clear on these points.
    The reasonable expectation of privacy issue with regard to searches is mostly an issue in Fourth Amendment contexts—which covers only state action, not private action (generally). So that won't bar a company searching an employee's stuff.

Absent a company policy, an employee might be able to sue the company for intrusion upon seclusion (a privacy tort), but a company can make a policy whereby an employee waives the right to prevent the company from searching things like bags and desks. Absent a countervailing state law, of course.

I think the whole legality of a right to privacy in the workplace is something we shouldn’t play with.

It’s like crossing the street without looking. Yes, you may have the right of way…but that’s not much consolation when you are road kill.

Being in the right legally, which I think is pretty shaky, doesn’t mean a hell of a lot when you get fired. Maybe you can sue and maybe you could win (I strongly doubt it)…but why???

Maybe it’s an interesting thing for the attorneys to discuss but for those wanting to not deal with bullshit and just, ya know, KEEP YOUR JOB, keep your income, continue to provide for your family, avoid divorce…

I don’t know guys. Maybe it’s better just not to stash a fricking gun at fricking work.

If one is serious about self protection, find a way to ensure security by wearing the damn thing. This thread has provided a few options.

if one isn’t willing to wear it, even with the complications…well that means they aren’t that serious.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I think the whole legality of a right to privacy in the workplace is something we shouldn’t play with.

It’s like crossing the street without looking. Yes, you may have the right of way…but that’s not much consolation when you are road kill.

Being in the right legally, which I think is pretty shaky, doesn’t mean a hell of a lot when you get fired. Maybe you can sue and maybe you could win (I strongly doubt it)…but why???

Maybe it’s an interesting thing for the attorneys to discuss but for those wanting to not deal with bullshit and just, ya know, KEEP YOUR JOB, keep your income, continue to provide for your family, avoid divorce…

I don’t know guys. Maybe it’s better just not to stash a fricking gun at fricking work.

If one is serious about self protection, find a way to ensure security by wearing the damn thing. This thread has provided a few options.

if one isn’t willing to wear it, even with the complications…well that means they aren’t that serious.
    Guy I know carried in an NPD for over 2 decades, despite the fact that under state law he was legally entitled to do so for at least half of that time. Once in the habit, he ignored a dangerous and ill-advised change in a statute.

To paraphrase and contradict the Doobie Brothers: "What were once habits are now vices."
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

Company policy says no.

And?

Women already deal with external societal pressure to conform to non-violence (victim). The miasma of work place policy on top of this only creates more confusion and fear. Best not slide down that sh%^ hole in the first place because it is a long climb back out.

-Can I defend myself?

-Should I defend myself?

-With what?

-How?

-Will I be fired if I do?

Better questions to ask would be:

-What could happen to me if I don't defend myself?

-What could happen if I can't access my gun in time because it's locked away?

Everything else at that point is superfluous. No-one would need to worry about getting fired from work if they are disabled or dead. Besides, the criminals don't give a F^%$ about policy/police/laws/feelings/repercussions to begin with.

Also. They probably want the purse or safe or bag and all their valuable contents. Bonus if they score a gun.

Yes, you want to keep your job, but if push comes to shove- is that really the most important thing?

Find the right on body holster, go to the store, find clothes that hide well if necessary, and then zip it. Company policy be damned.

If a gun is not the right fit yet due to lack of training, consider other options for on body carry, even if it is only a knife. Those hide well under anything. even considering women's pants ridiculous lack of pockets. Even more essential still- begin learning to use mankind's most basic of weapons- the hands, the knees, the feet. The brain.

Pretty sure no workplace has banned those yet, even if they would like to.
    Last edited by Mrs.Molotov; 07-01-2022 at 02:17 PM.
    I pace the shallow sea, walking the time between, reflecting on the type of fossil Id like to be."

-Ann Zwinger

~**I Axolotl questions**~

Mrs. Molotov speaking wisdom as usual.

Workplaces and our society in general certainly seem to be interested in banning our brains. And I have to say based on our experience from the last handful of years, they have been pretty successful with a large portion of the country.

My goal, and the goal I set for students, is to maximize our potential. Getting better, stronger, faster, smarter, more successful in all aspects that we can manage. Yes, keeping a job is part of that...yes we want to be independent and be capable even if we get fired or walk away from a job...but we want to have that CHOICE. Getting fired over poor choices of concealment would be a fail in my book...concealed is concealed...and if it's not, well then. Look in the mirror for who's at fault!

But yes, of course. Being alive > being dead. Getting fired > being dead. So do what one has to do, always. But in all things we can be smart about what we do and how we do it. Some choices are wiser than others.

There are of course extraordinary circumstances where one can't carry as normal and has to branch to less than ideal means. But those are vanishingly small circumstances. For every day, normal course of life...unless you're entering a true NPE where they scan you...I tend to think that if you choose not to carry on your body then you're not taking it seriously.

Either one is willing to do the work, or one is not. We all have freedom of choice (ha, that's a loaded term!). But likewise, we all have freedom to judge others for their choice. If one recognizes the need for self protection, yet chooses less than ideal methods...well, I judge them as not serious.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

At the risk of being a heretic what if everyone is too focused on the gun? What about other situational armaments? What if when she is expecting to interact with the troublesome people she decides to wear her hair in a bun with a couple chopsticks to hold it in place? Or a blade or stabby thing under the waist band of her skirt horizontally that can be easily pulled. It doesn't even need to be giant. Enough to grab a hold of and enough of a tip to stick in a neck? A classic boot knife or chopstick in the boot. Calf high boots can hide a lot while looking very stylish.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post

Either one is willing to do the work, or one is not. We all have freedom of choice (ha, that's a loaded term!). But likewise, we all have freedom to judge others for their choice. If one recognizes the need for self protection, yet chooses less than ideal methods...well, I judge them as not serious.

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

It takes practice and sometimes creative thinking but unless there are scanners, it's possible to carry. One just has to be willing to find a way.

A bit of tailoring by the XO and I have a dress shirt that appears tucked yet conceals my SI-19 and allows for a regular appendix draw. She has tailored a few things for herself as well, so, that is always an option.

After seeing and handling the PHLSTER Enigma holster, I'll probably get one for my SI-19. Seems like a nice option for the gym.
    "If you decide you can do something, you will." -Gabe, KWTL