Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Also you might want to check out the Ford Expedition EL (extra long). Its what they replaced the Excursion with after they stopped making them in 03/04.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Also you might want to check out the Ford Expedition EL (extra long). Its what they replaced the Excursion with after they stopped making them in 03/04.
    Oh it's a 17' so it must be an expedition
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Oh it's a 17' so it must be an expedition
    There is a comapny out if Oklahoma that makes "new" ones. They take a f250 cab and chasis and then swap over the Excursion body from a donor the new truck. If it has a 6.7 power stroke then I would bet thats the case.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

We just picked up a new 4runner, killer truck for our niche. It pulls 5k stock so pulling a bike trailer its perfect. V6 is adequate. Great tech package.

Porsche Macan S.

It's hard to beat a 4Runner or Tacoma. You can always step up to the Sequoia if you need a little extra space and muscle.

Running a Durango and a Ram 1500 crew cab, both Hemis, and they're OK except for mileage.

The X3 Beemer is still in the shop after 5 weeks, or is it 6? Small diesels encumbered with U.S. smog shite do not hold up well, as it turns out.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:25

So there is a strong winner of a couple year old 4runner as the winner. Let me throw in a curve ball. K5/k10 blazer/ jimmi or 66-96 bronco. If avoiding computer driven vehicles?

Pickups are out other than small to mid body with 4 doors
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 06-23-2022 at 01:24 AM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Reliability and resale value are important to me. With that Toyota is always the right answer.
    Jeep hasn't made a good engine since the 4.0 inline 6. Heck, Jeep Chrysler is the worst quality American brand and has been for decades.
    Land Rover is always the wrong answer. I was a Euro tech for 15 years and they have to be worst made Euro vehicles. Porsche SUVs, I worked in the most wealthy county in the state as a Euro tech, never seen a Porsche properly maintained. Whatever you think the shop bill will be, tripple it. Even on oil changes, lots of variables between models and engines but I doubt an oil change from a quality shop would be under $200. Unless you have a well established Porsche shop in your area you're going to be forced to go back to the dealer on a lot of things.

Far as the classic K5 and the like. Its a romantic idea to have a older non computer vehicle. If that's somehing you really want to explore I'd suggest calling some shops around your area and see who can and will work on carburetor vehicles. Many shops won't work on them at all anymore. Most techs only own metric tools! Also a nicely restored K5 or Bronco will cost you more to purchase, more to own, more to drive and be less reliable,
    you would have to be in love with the truck or you'd hate it .

4 runner or Tachoma is far and away the best option. Honda Pilots are nice but Hondas with 6cyl engines are notorious for premature transmission failures. They never made a good transmission for their 6cyl vehicles.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

All of the k5 bronco etc are going to be rattletraps until you dynamat the hell out of them. window seals, hinge plates etc. BUT you can always install an aftermarket carb to efi conversion frmo holly, jegs, or any number of other sources. You get to keep a computer, but it is stand alone , and would be easy to swap back with a standard carb if the EMP got it . Until then you would have the ease of efi

unfortunately they dont make a lectron carb that I am aware of for cars/trucks, those things are the bomb on otherwise carbed motorcycles.

Toyota has reliability, Nissan is as reliable as toyota in my experience and is usually available at a lower price point (think the older pathfinders, body on frame construction and bulletproof drivetrain) aftermarket is a 10th of toyotas though.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time