Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    Man I don't know.... the electric vehicle thing, I couldn't care less about my "carbon footprint" but Tesla is creating a new standard in regards to luxury, performance and reliability.
    I was a auto tech for 20 years, I honestly think most all cars now a days are disposable. With the advent of CVTs, turbos and variable valve timing engines, no one has made a good car since 2017 and once a newer vehicle starts getting past 70k miles it's a gamble to own. There is a point where the cost to repair is greater than the value of the vehicle.
    I plan on buying a new car in the next 6 months and honestly have no idea what to get. I do know that I don't ever want to own anything outside of having a factory warranty and I'm not sure I want a Tesla yet...
    Having just paid almost 10k to have BMW repair a diesel X3, the temptation is never to buy a vehicle built after 2010. CAFE standards and theoretical MPG have created generations of technically vulnerable and essentially unfixable vehicles. Breaker point ignition, anyone?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I will masturbate with fist fulls of fiberglass insulation before I ever own an electric vehicle
    When you go 0-60 in 2 sec you won't have to!, unless its your choice of course.
    Why the hate on EV ? I don't care about the carbon foot print/environment nonsense, but do have NFS (need for speed) and nothing on the road comes close... not even a motorcycle, or any of the exotics my neighbors own, yep, have beaten lambos and mclarens :-)

Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    When you go 0-60 in 2 sec you won't have to!, unless its your choice of course.
    Why the hate on EV ? I don't care about the carbon foot print/environment nonsense, but do have NFS (need for speed) and nothing on the road comes close... not even a motorcycle, or any of the exotics my neighbors own, yep, have beaten lambos and mclarens :-)
    Nobody who enjoys driving will ever have an EV. This is exactly why the US has never produced a sports car. Americans like to flog the dolphin about straight line speed and 0-60 and fail to account for any other driveability factor. Any moron can hold a wheel straight and stomp on a fuel feed
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Electric vehicle = coal powered vehicle. Don’t kid yourself…

That said, I do love the torque available.

THAT said, I prefer to hear a V8 with side pipes (Shelby Cobra) or a high strung 4 banger sing though a header (Lotus), or even a screaming 2-Stroke (Saab.)

Nobody who enjoys driving will ever have an EV. This is exactly why the US has never produced a sports car. Americans like to flog the dolphin about straight line speed and 0-60 and fail to account for any other driveability factor. Any moron can hold a wheel straight and stomp on a fuel feed
    This is proven by watching electric cars race each other on the drag strip. Most boring thing ever.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Nobody who enjoys driving will ever....
    Driving, for the most part, is boring as fuck. That is why variety is needed in ones stable of vehicles. Only vehicles that have been fun, for a short while anyway, have been my prior and current porsches. However, after the novelty has worn off, all are pretty much the same. Except, of course for my Triumph Bonneville, but that's riding not driving....

Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    Driving, for the most part, is boring as fuck. That is why variety is needed in ones stable of vehicles. Only vehicles that have been fun, for a short while anyway, have been my prior and current porsches. However, after the novelty has worn off, all are pretty much the same. Except, of course for my Triumph Bonneville, but that's riding not driving....
    This is why I drive a stick shift. Yeah, I can't shift as rapidly or accurately as a well-made dual clutch, but that's not the point. Driving a decent stick keeps driving on my daily commute more fun, not to mention the fact that then I can make more use of the high compression ratio of my engine.

So, no electric vehicle for me, thank you.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Cars are basically disposable objects, some you keep for 6 months, some for a year or perhaps two. Recently sold my two vehicles and decided on one basic suv for daily and longer drives. So far, been quite happy with the MB G63 wagon, a bit boxy, but that's part of its panache :-) and at 4.5 sec 0-60, not bad for a truck.