Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Different than victimhood, but often exhibiting the same symptoms: there are many in the gun community who are--for lack of a more scientific name--"slave nerds." They are fundamentally slaves. They follow rules and obey their masters. They are also nerds, and good at memorizing useless trivia.

It is good to know the rules, even if you don't follow them. I would rather flagrantly violate the law than get in trouble for just being an idiot who didn't know better. So I read up on stuff to ensure that I have a solid understanding of the law, but then I do whatever I was going to do in the first place.

The Slave Nerds view every edict from the ATF as if it were the gospel. They read every ambiguity in the most restrictive way. They actually seem to believe that these made-up rules have some kind of moral foundation. And they are quite proud of their ability to memorize every little sub-sub-sub-section of the U.S. Code. They love to show off their knowledge by pointing out how someone else has broken the law, or to spontaneously point out things that you shouldn't do because it would be against the law. The useless recitation of rules seems to provide them with a dopamine hit or something similarly internally pleasing.

They probably believe that they are being helpful. In reality, they're just annoying and boring. And once I've identified them, I'll never go out to play with them, because God only knows what great crimes they might find in my kit.
    Virtute et Armis

Those asshats will rat you out in a heartbeat.

They hate and envy those who have the guts to, as Steve K says, selective obey the rules.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

Slave nerds. Good term.

I have no patience for those types.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Slave Nerds is perfect. So let it be written...so let it be done.

I must say that the gun world is replete with them and I for one am sick and disgusted of their presence. They are a large segment of why the "industry" is an obedient and compliant group that would crawl on broken glass with a mouthful of feces if that is what they were told to do by their masters. They are great at complaining that they have been screwed, that their rights are gone and that another giant dick is coming soon for them...and they all find comfort in their self imposed misery.

People like them - the slave nerds - are why this is not a warrior culture.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The only time I do not carry a firearm is when I fly commercial.

They will still be trying to follow the rules in the concentration camps too.
    Paul

America First
    Anti Globalist

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    They will still be trying to follow the rules in the concentration camps too.
    Yes. If it ever came to that, those SN's need to be deleted, as they would be snitches.
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll'), RS Class 5-78
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School, KWTLx4, Red Dot Pistol Gunfighting, RGF-1 Rifle Gunfighting

A friend of mine was aghast that I carry in places with a sign.

”Be careful, you know that’s illegal!”

I looked at him and simply replied, “Dude, if you’re too much of a pussy to carry a weapon like a real man, then just admit it. That’s fine. But you don’t have to make up some bullshit excuse about following laws and whatnot. Concealed is concealed. No one will know. The only thing stopping you… is YOU.”
    Last edited by Wiseguy04; 06-14-2022 at 12:27 PM.
    “This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.” - Churchill

I have never understood Rule Followers.

I understand going along with certain rules at certain times, out of necessity, out of convenience, out of not being an asshole just to be different. And some rules, like driving on the right side of the road, just make sense because it's necessary to function.

But there is a difference between following rules by choice and following them because you're a follower.

Foolish, petty, dangerous, and/or immoral rules are meant to be broken. Breaking these rules regularly is good for your health and happiness.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I have never understood Rule Followers.

I understand going along with certain rules at certain times, out of necessity, out of convenience, out of not being an asshole just to be different. And some rules, like driving on the right side of the road, just make sense because it's necessary to function.

But there is a difference between following rules by choice and following them because you're a follower.

Foolish, petty, dangerous, and/or immoral rules are meant to be broken. Breaking these rules regularly is good for your health and happiness.
    As anyone who's been my passenger can readily attest.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28