Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'd be cautious in going with a SCAR in 6.5, the 20s has more than a few issues ( And I'm a fan of the SCAR, own 2 of them...Not to plug another source but check Military arms channel on his issues with the SCAR in 6.5...)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    What is weird is seeing an M1 Garand in an EBR stock lol.
    Yes.

Now that is like putting a centenarian in a g string.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post

I have since tried a SCAR and put it down after the first round because I didn't want to love it enough to make the investment. It was that good. I settled my mind on the scout squad for the niche I was trying to fill but as mentioned above you still end up in the same price range customizing it for your particular tastes. Mine barely looks like an M1A anymore.

In summary I can't speak to the 6.5 but if that is your ammo choice for a semi auto I'd take the M1A over the AR
    I have the same feelings about the SCAR. If Magpul started making mags for them that weren't $50 a pop, I'd sell all my AR10s and buy one tomorrow.

My first 308 semi-auto was a M1A Socom. I had a red dot on it and it was a fantastic, handy workhorse. I started thinking I needed more optic and didn't like the options for mounting so I sold it. That was a really stupid decision. It was a great tool and I should have kept it. Though I don't currently own one, I have to admit an M1A Socom or better yet, a Scout, would probably be the best grab for a guy walking out the front door into the Apocalypse. Unless of course, one could quit being irritated by the price and buy a SCAR LOL.
    Last edited by DogDoc; 06-06-2022 at 08:44 PM.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    Though I don't currently own one, I have to admit an M1A Socom or better yet, a Scout, would probably be the best grab for a guy walking out the front door into the Apocalypse. Unless of course, one could quit being irritated by the price and buy a SCAR LOL.
    You just reminded me that I need to get a QD can mount for my Socom... I have the adapter but not the QD itself. Guess I am stopping by the local gun store on the way home tomorrow to see if they have one.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

Yeah, I like the M1a platform. Short and long. That said, Ive got no experience with 6.5. Here is my NM Standard, and a 16 SOCOM. Both with decent trigger work, Sadlak parts, etc.

8986CAC0-49F8-4F54-83F6-FA13C39059CF.jpg

For the distances you’re talking about, I don’t see the need for a 6.5 creed. I like the caliber a lot for long range but for short distances…I just don’t understand the need.

of course WANT doesn’t need a reason.

Personally I would choose an AR for this. Can always get a different upper in a different caliber to cover different wants. And the SCAR is hard on glass as LD points out.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas