Default More than 50 people killed in attack on Nigerian Catholic Church

https://www.foxnews.com/world/dozens...igerian-church

More than 50 people killed in 'vile and satanic' attack on Nigerian Catholic Church

Attackers fired their weapons and then detonated explosives in the church

Gunmen murdered dozens of congregants during Mass at a Catholic Church in Ondo state, Nigeria on Sunday.

The attackers used explosives and firearms in their assault on St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, killing more than 50, according to reports. The gunmen also reportedly took the church's priest hostage and he remains unaccounted for.

Authorities have yet to release a final tally of those slain or injured in the attack.
    Ondo state governor Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu called the attack "vile and satanic" in a Sunday statement.

No terror group has claimed the attack as of Sunday afternoon.

The attack comes roughly two months after a stampede at a Nigerian church fair killed 31 in late March.
    The church fair was intended to be a charity event in which locals could "shop for free." Many attendees arrived as early as 5 a.m. to secure their spots in line. Attendees then broke through the gate, causing a stampede.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

Wait, I thought mass shootings were exclusively a US thing
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Too soon.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

#MeToo
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

For me the sobering thought is that an attack of this kind could potentially happen right here on our soil. With the 1,000s of people getting across the southern border, one would be naive to think terrorists of this nature havent made it in the US. And with the weak ass commie in chief, these type of bad guys aint stupid. They know that the time to exploit that weakness is during his term. Until Trump or someone like Desantis gets back in, my alert level is definitely heightened. Been doing more live fire dry fire/kata to stay sharp. Keep your eyes open and skills sharp brothers.

So my POV.

In the USA anyone can be armed if they choose to do so...regardless of the sign posted. If a church of 1000 unarmed people gets whacked...oh well. I am done with the sheep...or worrying about such things. I am always armed. If God places me there...I will do what is in my nature to do...if He does not, then He does not.

In the big pantheon of fuckery that is 2022 America, I am sorry for the Nigerians...but my pressing concerns end at the eastern shoreline of the USA.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    So my POV.

In the USA anyone can be armed if they choose to do so...regardless of the sign posted. If a church of 1000 unarmed people gets whacked...oh well. I am done with the sheep...or worrying about such things. I am always armed. If God places me there...I will do what is in my nature to do...if He does not, then He does not.

In the big pantheon of fuckery that is 2022 America, I am sorry for the Nigerians...but my pressing concerns end at the eastern shoreline of the USA.
    Agreed Sir.

The last commitment we need to make is a " Clean Up On Ilse Nigeria "

Now...as always M M S ( ? motivations, methods, sources ) on the 2018...that is the link to the 2018 article at the bottom.

This most recent attack follows a historic pattern,,,,,, gunmen/terrorists using motorcycles for ingress and egress ( sounds familiar ).

The conflict is fundamentally a land-use contest between farmers and herders across the country’s Middle Belt. It has taken on dangerous religious and ethnic dimensions, however, because most of the herders are from the traditionally nomadic and Muslim Fulani who make up about 90 per cent of Nigeria’s pastoralists, while most of the farmers are Christians of various ethnicities. Since the violence escalated in January 2018, an estimated 300,000 people have fled their homes. **********

The conflict’s roots lie in climate-induced degradation of pasture and increasing violence in the country’s far north, which have forced herders south; the expansion of farms and settlements that swallow up grazing reserves and block traditional migration routes; and the damage to farmers’ crops wrought by herders’ indiscriminate grazing. But three immediate factors explain the 2018 escalation. First is the rapid growth of ethnic militias, such as those of the Bachama and Fulani in Adamawa state, bearing illegally acquired weapons. Second is the failure of the federal government to prosecute past perpetrators or heed early warnings of impending attacks. Third is the introduction in November 2017 of anti-grazing laws vehemently opposed by herders in Benue and Taraba states, and the resultant exodus of herders and cattle, largely into neighbouring Nasarawa and, to a lesser degree, Adamawa, sparking clashes with farmers in those states.

The violence exacts a heavy burden on the military, police and other security services, distracting them from other important missions, such as countering the Boko Haram insurgency.

Note: You can go down a deep rabbit hole looking into the big money that NGOs and certain Tribal political elites funnel to the " pastoral nomadic herdsmen ". Oh...and there is a huge national election coming up soon .Two term president stepping down.

https://www.crisisgroup.org/africa/w...erder-violence

Last edited by NV28; 06-07-2022 at 10:03 AM.
    Many are able, few are willing .

Dirty is exactly why you are here.

Be ready and willing for the unthinkable.

NV28

RGF,PSP,ACRG x 2,CRG x 2
    Intro PS Basics,Def Knife
    HITS-7 Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals
    TASI,CRG-3,M4 RGF
    Red Dot Pistol in S.A. Tx.
    Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-15/2017 Houston, Texas.
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School ,Mar 6-8-2020,Orange Tx.