Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Paul, that new rig of your truly looks 'right'; great job!
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll'), RS Class 5-78
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School, KWTLx4, Red Dot Pistol Gunfighting, RGF-1 Rifle Gunfighting

Quote Originally Posted by KarlinPhoenix View Post
    Paul, that new rig of your truly looks 'right'; great job!
    I wanted to keep it as true to the era as possible. I have been spoiled by modern scopes however and an old Weaver fixed 4x power wasnt going to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Groth View Post
    I wanted to keep it as true to the era as possible. I have been spoiled by modern scopes however and an old Weaver fixed 4x power wasnt going to cut it.
    Yes, I am with you on that. LOOKS true to era.
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll'), RS Class 5-78
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School, KWTLx4, Red Dot Pistol Gunfighting, RGF-1 Rifle Gunfighting

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Groth View Post
    Attachment 63007
    The scope is mounted and everything is aligned and tightened down properly. Im going to work up some handloads tonight and take it out on Saturday.
    Man, that's a beauty. Nothing quite like a well-made walnut-stocked bolt rifle like that, aesthetically speaking. The comb is even contoured nicely to keep the cheek-weld high enough (something I always have trouble with due to having high, narrow cheekbones).

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    Man, that's a beauty. Nothing quite like a well-made walnut-stocked bolt rifle like that, aesthetically speaking. The comb is even contoured nicely to keep the cheek-weld high enough (something I always have trouble with due to having high, narrow cheekbones).
    It points and shoulders so nicely. The scope is right there. No adjustment of the face needed. I have the first batch of handloads worked up and im going out to the range this weekend. I wouldve gone already but unfortunately they just started the fire ban for our area.

Prime example of a Rifleman’s Rifle. Good luck at the range. ( Hoping for low wind / no gusts)
    30 characters exactly●★★ Scar 17s
    “Victory is Ever Fickle “, quote by Homer

20220609_180131.jpg
    Ive been a fan of Mr. Ackley's work for a long time. Even have one of his original print books from 1962

Wondering how that Range Test worked out . I have a feeling you were pleasantly surprised.
    30 characters exactly●★★ Scar 17s
    “Victory is Ever Fickle “, quote by Homer

Beautiful rifle. I have long been a fan of his work especially his improved cartridges.

When I was about 12 my best friends dad took us to the range with us PO Ackley 25/06 AI with a 26” barrel. It was phenomenally accurate.

Over the years I have owned several AI chambered guns and I fire fly have a 257R AI and a 338-06 AI. I also have a 7mm Mauser AI but being a huge nerd had it engraved 275 Rigby AI by my gunsmith who actually knew Parker.

I have also owned 3 PO Ackley guns that I let slip away over the years in 250 Savage AI, 30/30 AI and 35 Whelen AI.

i hope yours is a shooter. Mine all were.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Well finally got to take the Ackley rifle out and shoot it. This is just the first group. Unfortunately it was blowing 35-40mph today and got only 2 round grouping because the wind blew the target stand completely out of the ground and i didnt feel like moving lanes and all that nonsense. I am going back to the range tomorrow when its not so windy and i can actually test more handloads. This group was just some rounds i whipped up to get the rifle zeroed. This rifle has some serious potential. This group was a 100yds in extremely high wind. 20220617_132031.jpg