Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I know little to nothing about famous gunsmiths, but still must congratulate you on a good find!
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018

Lovely! I collect and shoot muzzle-loading arms...including originals. These older guns have personality that the new guns lack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post
    Lovely! I collect and shoot muzzle-loading arms...including originals. These older guns have personality that the new guns lack.
    I believe in this case it might be justifiable.
    American Veteran and Patriot, Lover of God, Country and Family. No Regrets, No Bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post
    I believe in this case it might be justifiable.

Sweet looking gun
    American Veteran and Patriot, Lover of God, Country and Family. No Regrets, No Bullshit

That is a beauty of a rifle. I am a fan of those old generation guys.

One big thing Shop Monkey and I were taught in school was that a properly built rifle will shoot well no matter what ammo is put in it. His Bergara 300Win mag and my Sako A7 300 win mag are both that way. Both shoot sub 1" at 100yds with any kind of decent factory ammo. Then i handload for them to get the best possible accuracy. I will be taking this rifle out hopefully next weekend to see what it will do at 100yds then go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Groth View Post
    One big thing Shop Monkey and I were taught in school was that a properly built rifle will shoot well no matter what ammo is put in it. His Bergara 300Win mag and my Sako A7 300 win mag are both that way. Both shoot sub 1" at 100yds with any kind of decent factory ammo. Then i handload for them to get the best possible accuracy. I will be taking this rifle out hopefully next weekend to see what it will do at 100yds then go from there.
    Hi Paul, I am very interested to read about your accuracy results with this treasure of a rifle. Cheers,
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll'), RS Class 5-78
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School, KWTLx4, Red Dot Pistol Gunfighting, RGF-1 Rifle Gunfighting

Paul
    Congratulations! A truly elegant piece of history. She's found a great family to share her talents with.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

Great score on a beautiful old classic rifle.

20220607_145348.jpg
    The scope is mounted and everything is aligned and tightened down properly. Im going to work up some handloads tonight and take it out on Saturday.