To those of you unfamiliar with a Mr. Parker Otto Ackley, he is known as Americas Gunsmith. He has since passed on but this title has still stuck. Mr. Ackley was not above blowing up rifle actions and barrels to test just how far you could push the pressures on different cartridges. We have many of the amazing cartridges we have today thanks to the work he did over many decades. He developed the Ackley Improved catridges most notably of which was the .280 Ackley Improved which is still sold as a hunting/long range cartridge by several rifle manufacturers to this day. He helped create the gunsmithing school in Trinidad Colorado as well. Needless to say I am a huge fan of his work and he is one of the reasons i decided to be a gunsmith. Well recently i was able to buy one of Mr. Ackleys custom built rifles from the 1950s for an absolute steal. It is a Mauser action that has been rebarreled for 270win, the action has been worked on and it has an original Timney Trigger. 20220602_120138.jpg20220602_112907.jpg