Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Consider a CZ P-07. You can set them up as DA/SA or SAO pistols. The DA pull on mine is pretty awful, but the SA pull isn't bad. Since you're coming from 1911, the SAO route seems reasonable.

For non-Glock striker pistols, I really like my Beretta APX Centurion. The APX pistols were ridiculously under priced at one point. I paid just $300 for mine, pre-pandemic, when I bought it as a curiosity. I've got ~800 rounds through it without any problems.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
    "Consequence outweighs probability." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by HeavySmoke View Post
    The sig 365 is not the answer after putting way too many round through all three versions I find them awful. The glock is the real easy button here with training time. If you absolutely can't do the glock the staccato c2 might fit the bill, or the 229 sig. LTT 92 compact maybe...or wilson edcx9.
    I rotate between my Wilson EDC x9 and G 19,like them both but if I need to make that face shot at 25 yards I want the Wilson in my hand

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstore Commando View Post
    This may get me banned, but if you liked the 1911, what about a lightweight Commander style in 9 mil? Or even a double-stack version of same?
    The Sig Sauer C3 1911 is a alloy framed gun, It's a 4.25" slide on a officer frame.
    It's 8 ounces lighter than my Wilson Combat CQB Compact.
    I do have a couple commander 1911's in 9mm
    One has a officer frame on a 4.25 slide.

If the 1911 platform is preferred, I think the Staccato C is hard to beat. CCO-sized, w/ polymer grip and 8+1 of 9mm. Light in weight and shoots like a larger gun. By far the favorite CCO-sized gun I've ever owned or shot, regardless of caliber. And the current models are all optic-ready.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Quote Originally Posted by USN-PO2 View Post
    Had 3 disks fused in my neck already, still healing from my Open Heart surgery. Can't take anti-inflammatory meds.
    Have Degenerative Arthritis and bone spurs in my lower back and pelvic areas. T11-12 and L-1. Gonna need these fixed sooner or later.
    100% disability rating from the VA for all this stuff and others.

Yeah, I'm both a small hands and health issues candidate.
    Based on your above comments I second Sam Spade's recommendation for a Glock 43X. Since the late 1980s I've gone through full sized Glocks to compact to subcompact to G43 and now the G43X. While I still prefer the G19 the 43X fits my hand better and is friendlier when wearing shorts and t-shirts, etc. I can hit equally good (or bad, depending my abilities), just a little quicker with the G19. My Shield Arms mags and steel catches have been good to go from Day One. RMRs or Holosuns on all but one of my G43 slides, too. They add no noticeable bulk/weight to the gun and are invaluable in hitting the target, especially for us old dudes.

Oh, I'm a recovering 1911 guy, too, for whatever the eff that's worth. Heck, when the shooting starts I'd much rather have my RMR'd G43 single stack my lightweight 1911. That's how far I've gone. lol
    Last edited by Redneck Zen; 05-29-2022 at 08:07 PM.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Well giving my Sig SP2022 9mm a try today.
    DA/SA polymer framed, 15 rounds with 2 extra magazines.
    Have had it for a while and it's accurate.
    While the first shot DA trigger is a bit heavy, it's smooth.
    SA trigger is pretty nice for a OEM poly gun
    Last edited by USN-PO2; 05-30-2022 at 04:23 PM.
    American Veteran and Patriot, Lover of God, Country and Family. No Regrets, No Bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by USN-PO2 View Post
    Well giving my Sig SP2022 9mm a try today.
    Sounds like that blaster checks a lot of boxes for you. Hope it works out.
    There comes a time in every man’s life when he is called upon to do something very special for which he and he alone has the capabilities, has the skills, and has the necessary training. What a pity if the moment finds the man unprepared. —Winston Churchill